Match 18|France vs. Mexico|17-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Horsehead, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanwulf

kanwulf New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    annecy
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Marquez seemed very slow if the team plays as high as against south africa it could be a big problem for Mexico.

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Also Anelka

3. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we held posession against England and Italy. We will be fine as long as we put away our chances.

4. kanwulf

kanwulf New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    annecy
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    But Anelka is not our center back. My point was that the attacking style of play of Mexico involves risk defensively and his risk become enormous when the two center back are as slow as the two Mexicans.

5. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    eh puro pedo

6. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats just ignorant eurosnobbery.

I'm confident that Mexico will hold the edge in posession. They always do. Mexico will keep the ball.

However, Mexico have trouble breaking the forward third and finishing chances when they do. They'll have to take advantage of their opportunities to get a result. But believe me, theyre capable...especially against a team that could fall apart mentally like France.

Underestimate Mexico at your own peril.

7. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Viva Mexico! I'll be rooting for you guys to do well against a French team that lacks cohesion, humility, and passion.

8. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Did you forget that it was only a friendly with Italy?

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Africa is just praying for a tie in this one. Then they have at least have an outside shot of the major upset against France and maybe another tie between Mexico and Uruguay. Then they could go through on 4 points (Mexico with 3, France with 2).

10. Seymour_Gunner

Nov 23, 2007
    Seymour CT USA
    This will be interesting to see how Mexico's coach plays this. Mexico can approach this as a do or die play off (if they lose their goal differential against Uruguay will be too much for them to overcome), or while trying to win, they may still play cautiously to assure themselves a point; and take their chances against Uruguay.

If I was Mexico's manager, I would settle for a draw, which I think will suit the French as well. Mexico historically has done well against Uruguay. There will be lots of pressure on both sides. While France is not a good match up for Mexico. They (French) are also not desperate for win, so all out attack can backfire and Mexico may find themselves (for all practical purposes) out after two matches.

I think both teams (their Managers) will have the mindset that, they have a better chance of winning their last match, and thus we may yet again see a cautiously played 0-0 draw.

11. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nope.

12. Alive n kicking

Alive n kicking New Member

Dec 15, 2006
    I wonder which players is Dumbeneck going to use! I fhe doesn't make any changes I don't think I'll even bother watching the game (2.30 am here and work the day after). Anything could happen there, Mexico can win so does France. it looks like Domenech has no clue what so ever regards to which player use. He was so lame to put Malouda on the bench and play Govou.

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    italy got dominated just like vs paraguay

14. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¡Vamos CONCACAF!

15. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    the hell you talkin about??
    Aguirre has stated that Mexico's mindset for tomorrow is to win against France that includes defending and attacking efficiently.

16. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad Mex is not playing Gambia 17 yrs old again.

17. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The key here will be the GK again....Conejo will face some top notch strikers, which he has not really faced during his career. I do not know much about the French Keeper. I think Mex can tie or lose this game, but not sure they can win it. Not saying it is impossible, but un likely.

I suggest benching Osorio and Franco, and Guardado has to start, Marquez back CB. Anelka and Henry need to start. This game is worth getting up for!

18. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he is willing to kick anyone who tries to stop him from winning :D

19. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I'll be surprised if he gets the nod again. I'm going with Ochoa.

20. IR89 redded

IR89 redded Red Card

May 25, 2010
    He is starting unfortunately for us. Aguirre is like our version of Domenech but not as bad.

21. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Sigh.

Oh well, let's go boys

22. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Conejo Perez is not the problem with Mexico right now. Don't blame it all on the GK.

23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was not the problem because Mexico did not get attacked too much against S.A. lets see how he handles France. Franco and Perez should not be starting at all, shoot may as well start Blanco over Dos Santos. :eek:

24. IR89 redded

IR89 redded Red Card

May 25, 2010
    QFT and every time they did attack us he looked shaky as hell. Never knew if he should come out of his line or stay back, and he always rebounded the ball during corners and shots. Our defense is also shaky I agree but hopefully Moreno can provide some solid marking.

25. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    Everybody is going with Ochoa buddy, but it's a fact that Aguirre prefers El Conejo. It shouldn't really be discussed anymore, because I doubt anything except injury will prevent Aguirre from starting Conejo.