Match 12: New Zealand - Slovakia Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia' started by sidspaceman, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Naw, North Korea lost in Iran 2-1. It was the decisive game in North Korea that Latin Pride is talking about, which ended 0-0.

Amazingly, during the match in Iran, even when North Korea were loosing, they were still defending with 11 men. They take defensive tactics to a whole new level. :D

Iran Captain Javad Nekounam on DPR Korea

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    With australia gone this was NZ's big chance to qualify - our group was laughably easy. In the past Australia have had to then go on and play someone from South America. We had to beat bharain.

I doubt it'll stay this way.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Dont get me wrong, I think that Ried is a talented player, who is also going to move abroad and make it in one of the bigger leagues in Europe, but ther were no real future for him on the Danish NT, and I'm happy that he chose to play for New Zealand instead... The Danish league always develop lots of talent (both Danish and foreign) and Denmark have around 50 players in the top-5 leagues of Europe (and 17 players in the Dutch league at the moment), so personally I think young "foreigners" like Ried should chose to play for their own country, rather than chosing a slim option to play a few caps for Denmark.