Match 10: Japan v. Cameroon :: Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon' started by fireman451, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Re: Match 10: Japan v. Cameroon :: GAME THREAD [R]

I was just checking the Japanese papers.

As soon as the match ended, they printed (or posted, rather) the news like in 10 seconds.

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/

2. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Match 10: Japan v. Cameroon :: GAME THREAD [R]

Yeah that "foul" on Eto'o in the box didn't look like a foul. Great save from Kawashima there anyway!

3. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Japan-Cameroon post match comments have been relocated here.

4. perspixx

perspixx Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Temecula, Calif.
    A great result for Japan; they will need the confidence in their final two games. Their diving is already at a world-class level.

5. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please....anybody have a recording of the Japan-Cameroon game they can put on dvd for me!? let me know via an email to my Inbox.

6. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Wow, I wouldn't want to watch that game again even if I got paid to see it...;)

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Do a torrent search. Each game of the WC is available as torrents in every language you can think of.

8. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i will, but my request still stands.

9. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Awesome!!!, Japan for the cinderella team of the cup!!

10. ThreeStars

ThreeStars Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Cinderella has pretty dusty clothes.

11. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is supposed to be Africa's World Cup but so far Asia are stealing the show! Cameroon along with Serbia the biggest letdown of the Cup so far, they have possibly the easiest group of all the African nations and still got their pants pulled down by Japan. What the hell was le Guen thinking? Apparently Alexander Song is good enough to start for Arsenal but not for Cameroon? And you got your most lethal attacking weapon Sameul Eto'o playing as a right midfielder, at Inter we can afford to play Eto'o there because of Milito but Cameroon go with Webo!? And finally the long balls oh don't get me started on the long balls it just ain't in there nature.

Japan played well though Honda stood up when it mattered and I was pretty impressed with the CB Tulio Tanaka. Just a shame the stadium was only like 75% full...

12. encorelui2

encorelui2 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Tell me about it man! I am so distraught you wont even beleive it! I am rallying a bunch of Cameroonians to march to FECAFOOT (the federation) & demand that LeGuen be fired with immediate effect & the team forfeit(yeah I know its just the frustration talking lol)...coz right now they are just running a bill on the federation for an extra luxurious hotel!
    Alex Song's case is a little acceptable to most, if not all Cameroonians. He had stopped performiong for Cameroon a while back. Sort of been pulling a John Mikel on us. Matip who replaced him did very well. The problem players are Eto'o (who apparently has been fighting with everyone at camp), Makoun , who should retire from pro football. The biggest ofcourse is LeGuen with his useless 4*-3-3. That crap has never been Cameroon's style man! he has been trying to force it on the team knowing fully well that the only creative player Cameroon has (Emana) is another very useless player! (he is only good at club level) I mean, I am not a tactician but even I can see there is a ********ing problem playing a flat 4-3-3 where all 3 ms are dms! I am so frustrated by that crap, I think I will honestly hurt LeGuen, Makoun or Eto'o if I meet them face to face man! Simply play a 4-5-1 (that will be conveniet for the crop of players.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Didn't Maruti say Cameroon was one of the best (if not the best) African side this year ? What happened ? I was expecting good things from Cameroon. I hope they can turn it around.

14. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    There won't be any turning around for Cameroon--this is an endemic problem caused by the coach, from the looks of today. Gullit rightly pointed out that he had these guys handcuffed and they had no idea what to do.

How can you have Assou-Ekotto and Mbia sitting flat in the back four for most of the first half? How can you not play Alex Song? No Idrissou starting for crosses against a tiny Japan team?

I thought Le Guen would bring success, but this Cameroon would've been better off left to improvise.

More shocking than Greece's play because Cameroon has much better players.

Denmark looked pretty good and should take second--this was not a victory on the merits of Japan, but I will nominate Cameroon for the absolute worst performance-per-quality-of-player of any team yet seen in the Cup.

15. papermache16

papermache16 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    France?

16. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City