Master League Career

Discussion in 'Games' started by ronaldinhobr10, Apr 15, 2005.

1. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lets use this thread to just talk about our seasons and how everything is going

2. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm in my 4th season with Man U and things are going pretty good. I aquired the likes of Pele, Farfan, Essien, Figo, and Frey.

3. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    im in the middle of my 3rd season and i won the division last year by a lot of points so now im playing 6 stars on this 3rd season and right now im in first place

i have bought
    henry
    buffon
    r.ferdinand
    chivu

now i want to buy ronaldinho, vicente, puyol, and others

4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently in my first ever Master League season with Chelsea FC. Haven't been able to acquire any talent yet, but am running away with the second division title. How many points do you win for winning the division?

5. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

for winning the title in second division i dont remember but i think it was four thousand points....i know that for winning the first division you get 10 thousand
    and if i were you i wouldnt buy anyone until you go to first division and only buy players after your first season in 1st division or in the middle of the season if you have a lot of money
    it is much harder to buy players in your first few seasons but the more you play and the mpore successful your team is, the easier it is to get good players so it is better to wait longer so you can get good players

6. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Save up your money for a while buying promising players here and there and then in the off-season go on a spending spree. One very surprising player i picked up for almost nothing was Khalid Boutahar he is very promising pretty good growth curve.

7. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I just finished my second season on 6* playing as the Crew using the MLS Evolution patch. I'm collecting all the players I can from CONCACAF nations (I have Adu, Spector, Ruiz, and a few others). Maybe not the most sound strategy, but it won me promotion last year, so I'm gonna stick with it for now.

8. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    I accidentally erased mine when saving my brother's ML... out of habit I chose my save space.

I actually didn't noticed I did that until the next time I tried to play with mine, my team kicked major ass it was filled with good and great young players who I'd developed. I lasted 3 seasons (5 stars) to go to 1st division (6 stars). I was using an edited WE United, I started with the default players doing the 3 player change.

GK - Costil (some youth player who was ok, not great)
    L SB - Pique/Sedoc (they pretty much sucked)
    CB - Vomme (had 80+ in everything he ruled)
    SW - Yoo Sang Chul/Heitinga (YSC was my captain, I had planned on moving him to the bench once the season was over)
    R SB - Solomatin (average)
    DMF - Barreto (it was a pain in the ass to get him, but he was pretty solid)
    SMF - Martins/Ben Arfa (these two usually on the left) Cardarson/Farfan (usually on the right)
    OMF - Cardarson (who was freaking awesome just like Vomme)/ Park Ji Sung (although he wasn't getting better he was good)
    CF - Martins/Lee Chun Soo/Rachmane Barry (yeah, my CF's where like 5 feet on average)

Bench -
    Kanu - I played African cup with Nigeria and scored 3 goals with his head, which didn't prove as effective as I thought, his feet were allright for the 2nd season
    Elatashire - He sucked, didn't develop as I'd expected
    Sorensen - Was my starting GK for the first two seasons.

I think I still had Ximelez and Espimas. I don't remember, it was a month ago I deleted my team. I'm sad.

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    I feel for you JoeFX, I had deleted my entire 20+ yr career in WE7, I almost had tears in my eyes!

So what I do now is save it twice, one in the top and another copy elsewhere, but not too close to it, like, on the bottom and I save that one (the second one) once every while.

10. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes same happened to me
    i learned the hard way like you two.....but now i know what to do

11. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I deleted my 4 year career with Man U and i was a bit disappointed but i started a new one with Barca.

12. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    I started a new campaign just to liven things up for myself, then out of habit, I saved it over my 20+ year slot.

I wish WE9 can save us from ourselves!

13. xisco7

xisco7 Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Washington, D.C.
    I'm currently in my 4th season in the 6 star level...playing as R.Madrid...my teams is made up of legends/rookies...

GK - Zoff,Buffon
    SB - Mitchell,Chivu,Maldini
    CB - Nadal,Sensini,Ferrara,Cobos
    CMF -Barreto,Bonet,Muntari
    SMF - Gullitz,Kaka,R.Carlos
    CF - Maradona,Ronaldo,Saviola

So far I've won everything, and even disqualified my self out of CL to win the Masters Cup...

14. HardestWorkingFan

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Ximelez is my favorite ML default player. It's a shame he doesn't have a bit more stamina, though.

15. HardestWorkingFan

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    My squad, in my 3rd season on 6* using the MLS evolution patch as the Columbus Crew, is:
    GK:Jon Busch
    CBT:Spector
    CBT:Kompany
    RB:Danny Szetela
    LB:Donde
    DMF:Mascherano
    RMF:Mark Gonzalez
    LMF:Freddy Adu
    OMF:Zola
    CF:Carlos Ruiz
    CF:Invincible

Reserves:
    GK:Mareggini
    CBT:Chad Marshall
    SB:Hejduk
    SB:Chris Wingert
    CMF:Ross Paule
    CMF:Fabian Davis
    SMF:Mario Rodriguez
    OM:Kyle Martino
    CF:Edson Buddle
    CF:Ante Razov

I'm currently in 4th place in the upper division with 7W 2D 1L, although I do have the largest goal differential in the league at +19.

16. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    The same thing had happened to me in my 6th or 7th WE7 season.

My favorite player on WE7 was Minanda, he rocked. WE8: Either Castolo or Ximelez.

17. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i just finished my 3rd season and now im in the negotiation period

i have bought ronaldinho and now im working on buying gerrard

my team looks like this so far

buffon
    chivu
    r.c.
    samuel
    r.ferdinand
    gerrard (im gonna get him now)
    joaquin
    figo
    ronaldinho
    ronaldo
    henry

and im gonna still buy these players before next season

puyol
    sheva or adriano
    vicente, robben, duff, or any other good left winger

18. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats a very good team but who is Mitchell,Bonet, and is Gullitz Rudd Gullit form Holland.

19. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    I have to go with Edingson. He's still working out for me. Plenty of stamina and speed.

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I am in my third season with Ajax, playing six stars. In my first season i won the 2nd Div league Cup as well as promotion. In my second season i lost the 1st Div league Cup to Real Madrid, 2-0, they basically bullied me on the field, the reff was on their side. Now in my third season i brought in Ronaldinho who has only scored one goal so far this season, a brilliant free kick shot. Anyways im doing good in the WEFA Cup, im in the second round and yet to lose a Match. and im in fourth place in the league.

btw, have any of yous developed any rivalries, by this i mean teams you get to face constantly in league and Cup tournaments.. My main rivalries, Real Madrid, Villareal and Liverpool. In 2nd Div it was Sampdoria, they basically beat the crap out of my squad leaving me with several injured players. they beat me in league competition twice taking the league title and i got revenge in the Cup final.

21. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In terms of rivalries, I have had some tough games against Real Madrid and also AC Milan. I have beaten both teams each time we've played but always after a fistful of yellow cards and a few key injuries.

The thing that really bugs me about this game is the blatant lack of calls that you get when you're on the road. One game I had about 5 yellow cards given to my side and fouls all over the field, with none given to the opposition.
    Gets me sooo angry.

I won the second division and the second division cup with Chelsea, didn't have a ton o money, but enough to buy a speedy winger in the form of Van der Meyde, who has come up big in a few games. I'm currently second in the first division in my first season, three points back of Real Madrid, who have lost just once (to me!). I play them in the last fixture of the season and if we win, I'll likely take the title on goals differential. My player of the year has got to be Makalele, who has just been a rock in the center of my 4-4-1-1. But also Kezman has been lethal, by far my highest goal scorer followed by Drogba. Robben is a wonderful player but has very little stamina. My favorite reserve player has been Gudjonsen, he always seems to end up in dangerous positions and has poached a number of bigtime goals for me. Joe Cole has been a bit of a disappointment this season after picking up a knock early in the year and being off for 6 weeks. He's never regained his form since. Duff is a solid winger as in Geremi. Parker seems to struggle with his touch, but his pace keeps him either second or third off the bench. Smertin fills in ably when Makalele or Geremi are unavailable. Gallas and Terry headline my back four with Bridge offering good flank width.

This upcoming offseason, I need to obtain some depth for the WEFA games in the next season. Any recommendations for solid mid-range players (not too expensive). I'll also add another attcking mid to fill in for Lampard if he needs a break.

22. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    can someone please help me with a winger
    i need a left midfielder who is very good in the game (not just in real life)
    anyone know one thats good in the game?

23. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm playing on 6 star level now with my created team (started with the scrubs)...I just finished my 4th or 5th season

I played a 3-4-3 with the following players

GK: Marcos
    LCB: Terry
    CB: Pressley
    RCB: Heitinga
    DMF: Tymotchuk
    RMF: Farfan
    LMF: Jenas
    CMF: Barreto
    LW: Robben
    CF: Gilardino
    RW: My created dude

Good subs:
    LCB: Milito
    DMF: De Rossi, Resteneo
    CMF: Kallstrom, Koristov (or something like that)
    CF: Ibrahimovic, Sinama

My final season on 5 star, I won the treble and went undefeated in league, so I went to 6 star and mixed up my formation for fun. I now play a 3-5-2 with two offensive mids.

One thing I learned is DON'T buy the tragically flawed players. I picked up a forward in my second season who had great speed and shot power, but had no dribbling and shot accuraccy. Yes, they're cheap, but not worth the effort of all the crap performances you'll receive before they improve.

I also haven't purchased any historical players...I'm hoping other teams pick them up and make the competition tougher.

Rivals tend to be the ones in my league. I play Inter at least 4 times a year (twice in the league, twice in the D1 cup), and will sometimes run into them in the Not Champions League Cup. I've also encountered Real Madrid a few times in cup competition over the past few years.

24. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you playing with a left midfielder who is a winger, or who is just the left side of the midfield?

Robben has worked well for me when I used him in the midfield, and Nano (who I recently signed) seems to be pretty good so far.

25. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Just got WE8 recently, and played about twenty games before starting a master league with Fulham, on 5 star, with the real team roster.

The first season I went 9-0-5, undefeated and in first place, although I went out in the cup at the first hurdle.

In divison one now, and I'm 5-1-3, losing to Inter who along with Real Madrid are 7-0-2, five points ahead. The only new player I've bought is Gary Neville. I have a lot of points so I'll buy some stars as soon as the window opens, although it may be too late to win the title this season.

Current starting lineup:

GK-Van Der Sar
    LB-Bonnissel
    CB-Bocanegra
    CB-Goma
    RB-Neville
    DM-Clark
    LM-Malbranque
    RM-Jensen
    AM-Radzinski
    CF-McBride
    CF-Cole