MASL News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Scooge, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    upload_2021-12-2_11-24-37.png

Slavisa Ubiparipovic re-signs with Utica City FC.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I was thinking it was the MetroStars turf, but I don't know how they could have gotten the old lines off.

3. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  4. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Turf looks good,but how about putting a Sidekicks logo and/or a sponsor in the center field circle. Did not look good at all last night just leaving it blank.

Joey Tee repped this.
  5. Bomber31

Bomber31 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Nov 19, 2021
    I think the original intent was as a Convention Center when it was built in the 1960's (I think). It did work out for the original Baltimore Bullets NBA team at the time.

Since then, they've created another Convention Center a block or so south, and expanded that one for bigger conventions. At one point, there was talk of building a new arena as an extension of the current Convention Center - on the site of the Sheraton Hotel nearby, IIRC.

6. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    upload_2021-12-14_10-28-7.png

Okay, then. o_O

Joey Tee repped this.
  7. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  8. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  9. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am expecting to see a lot of the blast home games to be played with no attendance. Secu has already canceled a lot of events for its students . Food is pick up only on campus. Because they cant strictly enforce the mask rule. One thing that I did catch is that Utica's Goal Keeper Andrew Coughlin is also out sick.

No one is talking about what players and staff are having Covid symptoms. With all of those kids, groups, fans that game to the first 2 home games. I think someone needs to speak up. Several blast fans are sick at home with covid as well. I find it kind of odd myself, that they are now sick and they were at both home games.

Honestly as much as I want to be at the games , Its just not worth the risk, Since I am now My 78yo mothers Primary caregiver. Keeping her safe is my top priority.

NSL2004 repped this.
  10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    It's eyebrow raising that the Comets think this is the Blast's fault.

"We regret that the Baltimore Blast did not take the necessary steps & protocols to make sure that their matches against the Milwaukee Wave Professional Soccer Team & the Comets could be played this weekend."

also in the same post someone asked if the game would be rescheduled, and the Comets answered, "nope".

powerplay13 repped this.
  11. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Game Saturday Blast vs Wave postpone due to Blast players with Covid.Have not announced yet if the Blast vs KC Sunday will be postpone also.

https://www.maslsoccer.com/news/baltimore-v-milwaukee-game-postponed
    I think the Comets should get a good size fine for such a stupid comment on Twitter. Covid does not discriminate and how do the Comets know what protocols the Blast are taking anyway. Did not think that info was made public. Plus the vaccine is not mandatory. If the Comets don't want to play the Blast later in the season, fine with me. Anyway, the game tomorrow now has the Wings playing the Comets in an Expedition match.GO WINGS!

Things SECU (and other teams) could do ,since covid is spiking again, are limit capacity, must present vaccine card to enter, and continue covid prevention such as masks, hand sanitizers, etc
    Do not think the Blast will play in front of no fans,as they opted out last year. I've been to both Blast home games this year. I am vaccinated and have had no problems. But everyone responds differently to Covid and there is no 100% guarantee that you won't catch it no matter what you do.

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahhahahah , It looks like they took this post down.

powerplay13 repped this.
  13. Buddy98

Buddy98 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Heck, Ed Hale doesn't wear a mask at games. I've been to both, and there he was, with his mask underneath his chin.

14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I can tell you that the blast were willing to play on the road the entire season. The issue the blast had was 1) they had no place to practice 2) Players could not get back i.
    This may be true, but the players and staff could have caught this anyplace. I still think the league should name these players and staff members.

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a screen shot of what the KC Comets posted on twitter before it was removed. [​IMG]

16. Buddy98

Buddy98 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    I'm not saying that they caught it from Hale; I was just adding to your point that it hasn't been enforced, especially when the team owner is out with the fans not wearing one.

KimZaccha!! repped this.
  17. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can they enforce it? When you have 3,800 people in the building and they allow up to 1,000 kids on the floor for pre game. ALL OF THEM TOUCHING THE PLAYERS. COUGHING , SNEEZING. while the whole time you might have a total of 10 security guards in the entire building.

What I can tell you is the Blast Did in fact make phone calls to try and sign several players to a 3 day contract and fly them in just to be able to play those 2 weekend games. It just did not work out to even field a team.

18. Buddy98

Buddy98 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Lewis, you're arguing with yourself. Not once have I said that a mask mandate can be enforced. I see plenty of sporting and professional wrestling events on television in buildings with mask mandates and them being ignored.

My point is this. Should Ed Hale wear a mask in a building where it is mandated? My answer is, yes, he should.

KimZaccha!! repped this.
  19. KDraw

KDraw Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    It's readily apparent that the Heat are going to miss that the Lancers are not playing this year...

20. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Especially if they continue to give time to their backup goalie instead of playing Willie B.

21. KimZaccha!!

KimZaccha!! Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Hale wants everyone to know who he is. I guess his ego is more important than respecting SECU rules about wearing a mask

22. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he should were a mask... But like I said how can they enforce it.?