MASL Attendance 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're not differentiating between the PASL and MASL? Cause the MASL is in it's first season.

2. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Sorry about that. I've corrected my statement. Also, this attendance listing comes directly from the MASL website ( http://pointstreaksites.com/view/masl/records-8 ). I did not create it.

3. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Over 1100 at Showare for Tacoma Stars final home game of the regular season.

4. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    That's a pretty good recovery to take over from the impact of the Impact

I just hope the owners will stick it out. The ShoWare Arena is a real building with real costs, not some indoor place with some aluminum bleachers.

A change in venue or 3500 a game may well be needed.

Prosoccercdn and SteveCo repped this.
  5. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lowest announced attendance of the year last night as Saltillo announced 70. That's right, seventy. That's fewer people than are in attendance for my coed rec C league games on Wednesday nights.

philitup repped this.
  6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    St. Louis finishes at 6,111 (up 8% from last year, despite losing MPS).

Missouri finishes at 4,488 (up 7% from last year, despite losing MPS).

Baltimore finishes at 6,202 (up 1% from last year, despite keeping MPS).

philitup, SteveCo and Prosoccercdn repped this.
  7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They only actually provided an announced attendance for two games. The rest are scorekeeper fabrications. But most of the Saltillo and Brownsville games I've seen online look like there are about 70 people there.

8. lmfoust

lmfoust Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Cleveland
    Tommy Tanner:
    [​IMG]

9. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Not really. He will simply point out Milawaukee attadance nose dived (regardless of if it actually did or has anything to do with MPS) and how Harrisburg's attendance went up and they we're able to move into a new arena (also regardless of if the move happened before MPS was announced for H'burg or if it had anything at all to do with it).

Sadly, and as predicted, MPS/SPS have nothing to do with attedance figures in the least, but you have a group of guys on both sides of the fence trying to claim it does. It's like one side is arguing the legitimacy of Santa Clause while the others laugh at them, call them crazy and than put on their "Easter Bunny is real" shirts... indoor soccer in a nutshell.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The scoring system is not an attendance driver. That has been - and remains - my only point.

Play by whatever rules you want. But everybody should play by the same rules, and nobody needs ex-players with no analytic background whatsoever justifying their personal preferences with voodoo economics.

athletics68, philitup, KidFlash and 4 others repped this.
  11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No number in from Rochester yet. Would be shocked if they didn't announce, to paraphrase a joke about Milton Berle, "just enough to win," and pip Baltimore for the attendance lead. Might be why it's taking a while to get the number, don't know.

12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No number in from Rochester yet. Would be shocked if they didn't announce, to paraphrase a joke about Milton Berle, "just enough to win," and pip Baltimore for the attendance lead. Might be why it's taking a while to get the number, don't know.

13. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    10,215 according to the game recap on their website. That'll do the trick. They did a 'military appreciation day' promotion (free ticket w/military ID), so who knows how many of those were given away.

athletics68, philitup, SteveCo and 2 others repped this.
  14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (Sorry for double post. Site was being wonky.)

15. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I saw that and thought "Damn, he's really anxious for that number!" ;)

It blipped on me momentarily too when I tried to enter this post.

16. KidFlash

KidFlash Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was at the game today. (A friend had a freebie, and apparently could have named how many tickets she needed.)

That's some impressive fudging by the Lancers - I'd have said 8500 would've been the announced number.

Bonkers game, though.

17. PepsiAddict

PepsiAddict Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was easily the highest attendance of the season regardless what was announced for a number.

Agreed on the game, thoroughly enjoyed it right up to the end. If only the whole season had been played like that ...

philitup and KidFlash repped this.
  18. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Attendance surprise of the season: the Harrisburg Heat (29,890) outdrew the Milwaukee Wave (29,618) at least per the PountStreak site.

MizzouMan22 repped this.
  19. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    All in all Harrisburg has to be elated with the attendance. The team sucked and they had a good year at the gate (at least announced).

20. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    The top 4 teams in attendance were former MISL Teams. Those numbers alone boosted the MASL average from last year.

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    The latter part of your comment is not true. If you take the six MISL teams out, the average still rose from 1,349 to 1,525.

22. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the capacity of Harrisburg's arena last year?

23. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    The Equine Arena at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg has 1,660 fixed seats. The Large Arena (where they played this year) has 7,318 fixed seats.

24. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I think with bleachers at the ends and standing room the capacity was around 2,500.

25. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    The Equine Arena in Harrisburg has a capacity of around 2500. One of the games I made it to had a crowd of around 1800 and they still had lots of seating available. This is not counting the seats that was on the floor where people hoped to get hit by soccer balls.