MASL Attendance 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    His comment is true as a stand alone statement because if there was no increase in attendance from the former PASL side the numbers still would have risen substantially with the addition of the former MISL teams. The average attendance increase was helped in large part by the increase at Harrisburg, ( with some measure of thanks to traveling Silver Knight, Lancer and Blast fans. Also boosting the average was the removal of some of the real attendance bottom feeders from last year's PASL. The numbers went up and I'm glad, the numbers really did not go up as much as you indicate when those other factors are considered.

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With a handful of data points missing from this year, preliminary percent gains from a year ago for this year's teams. (Again, these are average announced numbers.)

Texas...........+227.0%
    Chicago.........+114.8%
    Las Vegas.......+109.9%
    Harrisburg.......+73.8%
    Sacramento.......+33.2%
    Ontario..........+16.5%
    Detroit...........+9.6%
    St. Louis.........+8.4%
    Syracuse..........+7.4%
    Missouri..........+7.4%
    Baltimore.........+1.3%
    Saltillo.........-2.01%
    Wichita..........-3.51%
    Turlock..........-3.64%
    San Diego........-8.38%
    Hidalgo..........-8.59%
    Dallas...........-9.27%
    Rochester.......-11.00%
    Milwaukee.......-39.64%
    Monterrey.......-51.45%
    Tulsa...........-52.89%
    Brownsville.........N/A
    Seattle.............N/A
    Tacoma..............N/A
    MASL TOTAL......+87.03%

(Ex-PASL clubs were up an aggregate 30.4%, ex-MISL clubs an aggregate 5.1%. The MASL average of 2,523 was 87% ahead of last year's PASL average, but 46% less than last year's MISL average - which included Reading, obviously.)

EnricoSharke and Blastnut2 repped this.
  3. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    I know that the last time I checked that Wichita had not reported official figures for their last 4 home games all of which were their largest attendances of the season.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which begs the question of why you would not announce your largest crowds of the season.

I'm not missing four games for Wichita, so I don't know which four that is. I am missing the eighth and ninth games.

11/08 vs Tulsa - 1,510
    11/16 vs Texas - 885
    11/23 vs Dallas - 991
    12/06 vs Chicago - 1,539
    12/20 vs Texas - 1,340
    01/10 vs St. Louis - 2,116
    01/17 vs St. Louis - 1,864
    02/07 vs Milwaukee - N/A
    02/08 vs Missouri - N/A
    02/21 vs Tulsa - 2,500

5. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    Sydney can clarify this but he has been asking for actual numbers for the final 4 games of the season. Even so much openly engaging the front office on Facebook asking for them.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he told me that, too.

But I have two of the four and got them from the league website, and as far as I know, he runs the league website, so...

7. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    I can tell you that those numbers you do have are not.....correct and if its what gets reported they are under reporting for some reason.

8. kiddx33

kiddx33 Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if I know one thing about professional sports, it's that they LOVE under reporting attendances...:thumbsup:

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  9. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #234 IL Kicks, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Yes, I don't think the MASL really has any "Deflate Gate" problems with its attendance in the near future.

NSL2004 repped this.
  10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Add the B-52s to the group of teams whose attendance was up this year. I added the numbers from the last four games.

2104 1957 2139 and 2458

11. KDraw

KDraw Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    I was at the final two Harrisburg Heat games (Blast and Waza) of the season. The crowds were solid. In addition, the play of the Heat was inspired. Heck, the Heat were up 9-2 at one point versus the Blast. It made me think of the Heat glory years in the mid-90s. Granted there was a large Blast contingent for the 2/27 match so that helped attendance. The 2/28 match was bolstered by the previous day's promotion (Buy a ticket to the 2/27 match and receive a free voucher for the 2/28 game). I think the increase in attendance for the Heat can be contributed to two things: 1. The move back to the original (larger) arena. 2. A more aggressive promotional atmosphere. I'll also add a third... (just in a slight way) the success of the Hershey Bears hockey team just down the road. I say that because the Bears tend to sell out a lot of their games and if you want to see a sporting event on a Saturday night and you can't get Bears tickets then you have the Heat as an close alternative. As you can see I said nothing about MPS.

12. SoccerMan25

SoccerMan25 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Those are some very impressive numbers. Some credit should go to Mr. Edwin F. Hale for having the vision to see this, in February 2014. Sometimes, I think we forget the effort it took from Mr. Hale and Commissioner Kevin Milliken to see this through. Credit should also go to the Comets and Sockers organizations as well. This was a MAJOR effort. Now, more work needs to be done, but to pull this off in year one, not bad.

13. SoccerMan25

SoccerMan25 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Well, you should have. As you mentioned, "a large BLAST contingent for the 2/27 match...helped attendance." BLAST fans represent MPS. Can't separate the two.

Look, I really like the story of the Harrisburg Heat and I am happy they are back and in a successful way; but to pretend that they could do a Detroit Waza Flo, is wrong. The Heat made the best business decision and aligned themselves with their MPS brothers. Ask Detroit how going rouge helped their cause.

SHAME

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shut up, Paul.

Just shut up.

15. SoccerMan25

SoccerMan25 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    I like the B-52s. It would be cool if they could change the name back to the wings.

16. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been following these boards since the Prodigy days before the internet. You were not there back then though. But you were on the old boards in the late 90's. Your up to SoccerMan 25 now. Keep it real.

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My GOD are you an idiot.

And Rockford = Chicago, right?

People from Baltimore don't go to Harrisburg to represent MPS, you dope. They go to represent the Blast.

Moron.

18. dcu926

dcu926 Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Blast fan who attended a game in Harrisburg this year.

I like the Blast. I HATE MPS. And I don't think I'm the only one...

MLSinCleveland, EnricoSharke and NSL2004 repped this.
  19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can that be? He just said you can't separate the two!

20. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Silver Knights fan, and I hate MPS too!

MLSinCleveland and NSL2004 repped this.
  21. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Does this per chance have something to do with the mini game result;)

SteveCo repped this.
  22. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending on which Chicagoan you ask, Milwaukee might = Chicago. :D

23. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. I have been following indoor soccer since the MISL1 days, and I have always hated MPS. I have tolerated it since there hasn't been anything else in upstate New York.

24. UIWWildthing

UIWWildthing Member

Mar 18, 2014
    What. They. Said.

Love the Blast, was the first team I rooted for as a kid even before the Orioles. I hate MPS with the burning passion of a 1000 suns.

EnricoSharke and NSL2004 repped this.
  25. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I vote for MPS however beggars can't be choosers and MASL is seriously undernourished.

The one thing that makes zero sense is some teams MPS and others SPS, that's just crazy.

We will have a game one day that a team wins using 'their system' and had the 'other system' been used they would have lost.

mjames1229 repped this.