Mascherano; River-Corinthians-Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by 10_Ronaldinho_10, Jul 12, 2005.

1. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    I heard Roman Abramovich has something to do with Corinthias, I'm not sure of what. Chelsea has been wanting Mascherano for a long time as a replacement for Makélélé and his move to Corinthians might mean something. On the other had Essien is about to move to Chelsea and that is something that makes me think about the Mascherano issue.
    What do you guys think? What do you know about the link between Roman and Corinthians?

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Roman is the money behind MSI.

allegedly

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is one time I "allegedly" hope you're right, Mascherano would make an excellant long term replacement to Mak, if Mak ever ages.

And Essein from what I have seen is more a Box to Box MF so he could play the same role with Mascherano that he will play now with Mak and Lamp if he comes as expected.

4. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Looking forward to when we get Tevez, damn that ugly mofo is so talented.

5. Factorial

Factorial New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hell, while we're at it, lets also get Fernando Cavenaghi --or isn't he also in the pipeline, I mean a highly-touted argie going to Moscow? Smells like Abra. This has led me to believe that Roman plays Footy Manager. Next up? Daniel Bierofka as a winger, baby.

I feel Essien may be unnecessary. In myopinion, I'd rather they acquired Mascherano only, even if the two play different positions. I think that with a 5 man midfield there should be a def. mid (Mak, Masch), two wingers (Robben, Duff, +cover), the talismanic box-to-box, and the attacking linker (Guddy, Cole). Where does Essien fit in? Ideally, if they need midfielders, I hope the team gets a talented cover for the wings who may be content to sit until someone slips on a tea-cozy, and a younger, Cole-like, attacking midfielder with lots of potential who would be able to both present a challenge to Cole, and be satisfied with learning if not starting right away.

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mourinho said he didnt think he could play duff-robben-cole together, so im not sure he sees him as one of the 3 midfielders.