Masch: I Want To Stay With Stevie

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LiverMorgh, Nov 12, 2007.

1. LiverMorgh

LiverMorgh Member

May 29, 2007
    Javier Mascherano has once again spoken of his desire to stay at Liverpool so he can form a long-term partnership with "one of the best players in the world".

The player Maradona described as a 'monster' is desperate to extend his Anfield deal beyond the summer, claiming Merseyside is the best place for him to become a world-beater.

"By staying here I will become a better player and that way I can help Liverpool to be more successful," said the 23-year-old, who already has 33 international caps to his name.

"It would also be fantastic to form a long-term partnership with Steve Gerrard - everyone knows he is one of the best midfield players in the world."

Mascherano's declaration comes just days after Rafa Benitez reiterated his desire to keep the midfielder at the club.

"I am calm and relaxed about it," added the Argentine. "From my point of view it is simple - I want to play for Liverpool, I want to sign a permanent deal.

"I have told Rafa Benitez this and he has told me he wants to keep me.
    "I have had enough of travelling the world from club to club. I want roots, and I want them here in Liverpool. I don't want to move again next summer but if I do not sign for Liverpool then I will not play for another club in England. Not Manchester United, not Chelsea or Arsenal.

"If I am not with Liverpool I don't want to be in England. It would be impossible for me to play against them in the Premier League because of the respect I have for the club. I want to stay in England, but only with Liverpool.

"The club created an opportunity for me which I am grateful for so no other English club will come into my thoughts."

-------

Get it over with and sign him. He is pure 'Pool.

2. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hes in love with the club :D. You champ Masch...i hope you MONSTER everyone for years to come

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lock up him, Torres, Babel, Reina, Lucas, and Agger--- all 24 or younger. Add Leto, Insua, Hobbs, Spearing, El Zhar, Lindfield, Anderson and Hammill. That's the makings of a pretty good team for the next decade.

4. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Correction...Reina is 25

5. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I cant see Spearing or any other CM playing regularly for the first team within the next 5 years...which makes me think that he will leave...Masch is 23, SG is 27, Alonso is 25 and Lucas is 20...even in 7 years...Masch will be 30 and Lucas will be 27.

6. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK since 8/31 -- just turned but remember Keepers are good up to 40 in most cases.

7. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet. Do we have to buy him outright from WH, or does his contract with them run out soon?

9. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I've read recently that Barca are very interested in Masch...so, to secure his services we have to pay £17 mil to MSI...is that it or can we get him cheaper (or do we even have to pay more?)...it's a bit confusing but I hope Masch stays with us

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Barca? They have Xavi and Toure....what the ******** do they want with Masch?

He's going nowhere!

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Masch wants us- we want him- pay whatever we need! ;)

12. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all designed to pump up the price. Pay whatever it takes, he's the Monster Mash.

13. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    It is my understanding we have Mascherano on a short term deal. WHU no longer own any claim to him.

Kia Joorabchian has said categorically that Liverpool have first option to buy Mascherano on a longer deal and that it is up to the player first and then Liverpool as to whether this happens.

Mascherano has come out and said exactly what Liverpool fans wanted to hear. He is enjoying his time at the club, he is very happy and he really wants to stay and if he does leave he would never sign for Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or any other English club. Rafa has also come out and explicitly stated he wants to keep Masch. It is just a question of negotiating the terms of a new contract. I have heard mention of a fee of about £17 million but I do not know the truth of it.

I think we should def keep him as he is world class and we will sell Carson for £10 million in Jan and we can use this fee to pay the bulk of retaining Mascherano.

14. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  15. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have also been reading around BBC and other gossip and tabloid sites (I know, I know) that Masch is getting anxious. I am getting anxious.

SIGN HIM UP!!! GET THE KOP TO CHANT JUST HIS NAME!!! RIGHT H AND G LETTERS DEMANDING THAT HE STAYS!!!

He has been a revelation since signing with Liverpool from West Ham. He came and fit right in with the club, players, and and fans. He loves the club and loves winning for the club, fans, and the badge. Did anyone else see how excited he was when Gerrard scored the winner versus Derby? He works hard all the time, and gets along well with teammates and Rafa. What more could you ask for.

If Liverpool let him go to a rival European club, because there's no way he will sign for another Prem team, it would be a huge mistake. IMO, if Rafa/the club let Masch leave it will be the biggest backsteps in recent player management at Liverpool. I will be extremely disappointed, plus the song won't work if he leaves.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH....We have the best midfield in the world....
    XABI ALONSO, MOMO SISSOKO, GERRARD, and MAAAASCHERANOOOO

(Lucas soon to be added to that song I hope)

16. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Replace Momo with Lucas....

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH....We have the best midfield in the world....
    XABI ALONSO, STEVEN GERRARDO, LUCAS, and MAAAASCHERANOOOO

Doesn't quite work does it....:p

17. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You could change it to this order:

STEVEN GERRARD, XABI ALONSO, LUCAS and MASCHERANO

18. AussieLFCfan