Maryland vs NC State and Virginia

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by k1v1n, Mar 11, 2003.

1. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    Maryland has released their spring schedule and they show a match on April 19 vs Virginia at 12p and NC State at 2p. What's significant here is that NC State hasn't played any spring games (except perhaps one against ECU) in the last two years, and they certainly haven't played the likes of Maryland and Virginia.

This tells me that George has enough players coming back to have a competitive team next year. I kid you not--NC State is going to win at least two ACC games next season. If George can bring in another quality midfielder to play behind King and Salter --the Pack just might be back.

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    And, the 2003 Out On a Limb Award goes to k1v1n.

And idea what kind of recruiting class Crazy George has coming in? His attack should be in good shape with King, Salter and Peria but the defense, particulalry in goal, is a big question mark.

Still, the ACC should be kinda down this year so this is a good chance for the Pack to sneak up on a couple of teams and grab some wins in the conference.

3. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Hey k1v1n, I know a good central mid who can play attacking or holding that George could have gotten, if he wasn't such a head case!!

4. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    not

Are you guys drink from the same bottle, no one has slipped enough in the ACC to lose to NC St. Even if George had enough talent to win he would still be coaching (if that's what he calls it) so they would still be the doormat of the league.

5. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    nc state will be the doormat again.

pereia is terrible...too small and not good enough to be a playmaker in the ACC. Maybe if he played for Campbell or something, but not in the ACC

6. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    You're wrong about Peria. He is small, and plays little defense, but he is one of the more creative playmakers in the ACC. Of all the goals I saw last year he had my #1 and #2. What State needs is a larger more defensive midfielder to compliment him. State has a couple of quality forwards in Salter and King. They aren't but a couple of players short of being a quality team. You can say whatever you want about George, but you can't say he doesn't develop midfielders. Now if he'll just remember to take his medicine...

7. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    he doesn't develop midfielders...

he doesn't develop anyone.

8. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    Hmmm, Tab Ramos, Dario Brose, Henry Gutierrez, Pablo Mastroeni, Shaker Asad... Not a bad record. (And I can't believe I'm defending George. I'm the first one in line calling for him to be fired.)

He does develop these players. Pablo improved incredibly during his time at State. Shaker too. And Tab is one of George's biggest supporters. Even these last few years, as miserable as they were, the teams were always playing better towards the end of the season.

9. michelobultra

michelobultra New Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Lassiter

let's not forget Rocket Roy

10. cantona24

cantona24 New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Tab Ramos did not develop at NC State. Shaker Asad left early, busted in MLS...Mastro may have gotten better...did he play in the midfield for NC State or in the back? Stretching back to the 80's/Early 90's doesn't say much as far as developing talent...at least not in the last 5 years.

11. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    Pablo played mostly in the back (if at all) his freshman year, then played in the middle after that.

12. hdog16

hdog16 New Member

Mar 24, 2003
    By the time his career is over, you will apologize for this statement.

13. SouthernSoccerScene

SouthernSoccerScene New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Peria

The kid looked out of his depths the other day against Duke, and that was a spring game that at least for the last 45 minutes didn't have the normally pace and intensity of an ACC conference game. Peria was a pedestrian for most of the game, just kind of hanging out and watching the play around him. Valderamma he is not, and I also just can't see him getting it done at this level.

He needs to have players around him that will do a lot of work for him, and I don't think he is of the class of player to merit being able to stand about while other players do the rest of his work. There was mention of other former State midfielders who were successful, and he is not in that group.