Maryland-Bucknell (R)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by KR, Nov 4, 2003.

1. KR

KR New Member

Jan 5, 2000
    Final Bucknell 1 Maryland 0

Terps lose their scoring touch heading into the ACC's

2. gsterp

gsterp Member+

Jul 16, 2003
    College Park
    Not a good loss for Maryland by any means. However, this could be the wake-up call that the team needed heading into the postseason. Bucknell isn't that bad of a team, so its not like we lost to a complete nobody. I certainly wouldn't want to be Ohio State on Friday though; I have a feeling that Maryland is going to come out with guns blazing.

3. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Bucknell has had a good year, they clinched the Patriot League regular season championship with a 5-0-1 league mark so far. Their losses have been against the likes of Hartwick and Loyola Marymound, so they've played a decent schedule. I always have felt that the Patriot League has been a vastly underrated conference in soccer and last year's three tourney berths showed that maybe the league has gotten the props it deserves.

That being said, Maryland should not lose to Bucknell, not at home, not when ranked #2, not with this talent (even with the injuries). I'm curious to read some game reports and see what happened. I saw game stats that said Maryland outshot the Bison 8-3, so maybe the Terps just couldn't convert. In any case, Sasho might be reading the riot act to his boys right now.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wow!

A great win for Bucknell and a bad loss for the Terps. There's no other way to put it.

I've said it all season but the Terps just don't get enough production from their attack and it puts way too much pressure on their D.

If the offense doesn't get it in gear, a result similar to this one is gonna happen in the NCAAs, and it could very easily be before Columbus.

5. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    And probably wound them up during the match as well, which might explain the outcome.

6. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    TERPS LOSE

I had a chance to talk to "Sash" after the game, and he was very calm and collected. He believes his team needed this wake up call prior to the ACC tourney and NCAA's. It was almost as if it was planned. He also voiced his concern about Terp Fan's absence from Big Soccer boards. He said he dosen't know Terp Fan personally, and probably does not want to know him, but that he hopes this loss has nothing to do with Terp abandoning the team. Personally, I hope nothing tragic has happened to Terp Fan, and sincerely wish he has just finally realized how stupid he appeared to be on this board.

7. CM

CM New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    The Maryland coach is as much to blame for this loss as the players themselves. The worse display
    of soccer I have seen from this team in four years.A Coach who is behind and getting down on the players during play should not expect them to get there game together.
    The coach blames the referee the players everyone except were the blame should be and that's with himself and his own attitude, someone should yell at him like he does and see how he would react.

Lastword your getting a little out of control, to bad your not the one staying off the boards.

8. lastword

lastword New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    College Park, MD
    CM

Thank you for the nice comments. You may be the only one on this board that dosen't know that Terp Fan is Sasho, otherwise you would understand humor when you read it.

9. CM

CM New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    I know Terp Fan and you know as much about the game as you know who Terp Fan is.
    You seem to have a problem with someone who really follows the team and used to provide us, who can't go out to game as often and gives an honest review of what's going on.
    Hopefully, we have read your lastword.

10. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah, and this is Sasho in a nutshell. No respect for his own players. No respect for his opponents. No respect for the refs. No respect for the game. He'd do well to pay a little closer attention to Mrs. Cirovski's coaching style.