Marvin Quijano released

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by tytomkiel, Jul 27, 2002.

1. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    Was it really smart for Colorado to drop him? I personally think he's better than most left sided midfielders in the league...and I also thought he could possibly play for USA on day...but hopefully we see him sign with another MLS team

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well considering two of the best left sided midfielders in MLs play for the Rapids (Henderson and Chung) I'm not sure he would have gotten any time in Colorado. They might of traded him, but I assume they attempted that and had no takers. Remember, Colorado claimed him off waivers earlier this season when L.A. cut him. The other 8 teams now have had 2 shots at him and have shown no interest, so I'm guessing his MLS career is over, at least for now.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Marvin broke in as a rookie in LA, I thought he was The Future. Then, he never developed. He showed DMB-like potential, but it never came out. He is young enough that maybe with a stint in the A-League and regular playing time he may still develop. But, he does not belong on an MLS roster right now.