Marshall Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Inklink, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Inklink

Inklink Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Toronto, CANADA
    Didn't see it posted yet.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/t..._id=216852&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

2. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well, we could use a defender. I like Marshall, from what I've seen he is consistent and level-headed. Hopefully he has another good season or two left in him. Seems like a leader too, which is always nice.
    I just hope the allocation money given to TFC was not too much.

3. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    Um, do we have some kind of deal with TFC to take all of their unwanted or over the hill players?

Marshall is not the same player he once was.

:(

4. Seattle Dan

Seattle Dan New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Oly, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Danny Jackson > Tyrone Marshall

I'm serious

5. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    100K for a 35 year old defender with nagging injuries? We are desperate for depth in our back four clearly and this was a bit of a reach to compensate for our lack of "ready to go" talent back there.

We'll get the 100K back by dumping Khano, who clearly didn't gel with the team from the start, and probably drove Sigi nuts with his lack of discipline.

6. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm OK with this. Hopefully Tyrone is just holding a place until Ianni proves he is worthy of playing. Remember, that's what Sigi did with Ezra in Columbus last year -- as the year wore on he played less and less as other defenders proved their ability to lock down.

I imagine more changes are coming though. I still can't see a starting back 4 of Riley, Marshall, Graham and Sturgis. I would suggest we need another full back, or I guess proof that our rookie is ready to start already so that Sturgis can move up into the midfield mix as a defensive-minded replacement.

7. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Seems a rather temporary solution, and a bit of a reach, but we needed somebody clearly and this was probably the best trigger to pull given how desperate we were for more veteran talent back there.

8. Razcle

Razcle New Member

May 18, 2007
    Waterloo
    Congrats on the Pick-up. Tyrone plays a tough game and will give opposing players fits that try and bust around them. He will add grit and experience to your back line

[​IMG]

9. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    That scarf needs to be set on fire.

10. soundersFCfan

soundersFCfan Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree we're weak in the back. I'm no genius and certainly no Sigi, but all this focus on attractive, high-speed, offensive-minded scoring will be useless toward getting to the goal of reaching the playoffs if Keller, who is good but also old, just gets shelled back there. I'm old school - defense first, offense second.