Marquez y Dos Santos at FC Barcelona [R] Vol I

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I believe he's got 2 years left in his contract, there's no way Barcelona is gonna give him a new contract for just two years, if they sign a new contract which they probably will it will be at least a four year deal............

2. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    soon thell be upagainst

Pavel Pardo & Osorio

when they play VfB stuttgart

so it will be a Champions League fight between

FC Barcelonas

giovanni Dos Santos & Rafa Vz. Osorio & Pavel Pardo

from VfB Stuttgart

3. Panchito70

Panchito70 New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Orange, Ca
    I agree i believe that the two year contract is the one with the 30 million euro buyout clause. If they sign him it will be more then two years and the buyout clause will be a lot more.

IMO i hope he stays he will benifit more playing with all those stars at barca and will develop better like messi did but better.

4. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    I just recieved my new eurosport magazine. aka soccer.com magazine.

i was flipping through the pages and then BAM Gio is in the nike section. Flippin sweet.

Oh and im glad Rafa is coming to join El TRI. Im excited, we finally get to see. Nery, Gio, Andres and Carlos on the pitch.

5. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Orange, CA :cool:

6. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hoy vi su entrevista en el centro de alto rendimiento, y me parece que el chico tiene los pies bien plantados sobre la tierra. Ojala que siga por este camino, porque de cierta manera se le esta exigiendo mucho, sabemos que puede, y quiere, mas sin embargo no lo deberiamos dar por hecho. No creo vivir una decepcion con el, pero esta presion que le da la prensa (y todos nosotros incluidos) solo puede ser contraproductiva si no es manejada correctamente.
    No vieron a Vela? el chico se veia super emocionado.. me da gusto por los chavalos...

7. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Esverdad cuando los chavos hablan se nota que tienen los pies sobre la tierra ... pero igualmente escuche a algunas personas llamar arrogante a Giovanni, solo porque encabeza las portadas españolas y entonces pues me saco de onda, porque Giovanni es de lo mas sencillo, con valores, poreso tampoco me gusta que la prensa lo infle hasta mas no poder.. uno se siente orgulloso pero almismo te preguntas que sucederia cuando no este a tope con palos le van a dar...

8. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pues asi es la prensa. Mira con Hugo, le fue no muy bien que digamos, en la Copa de Oro, y todo mundo decia que no era un buen estratega, que no sabia nada de tactica, etc. etc. Nada mas paso lo de Brasil, y Mexico era casi una potencia a nivel continental. Se van de un extremo a otro.

9. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. pwincess_of_football

Jul 3, 2007
    if gio leaves barcelona for a english club he wont be knowin for his football. the english media would just build him up to look like another stupid english player and he dosent deserve that

12. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :D:D

13. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He would still get the same amount of minutes though:eek:

14. Red-Town

Red-Town New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, Norte Cali
    god if Liverpool snatches Giova from Barça (even though i thinks they would be stupid enough to let him go) i will personaly travel to Spain pimp slap Joan Laporta and then go to England beat the crap out of George Gillet y Tom Hicks until they send Giova back to Barça :mad: :D

15. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Esoero que el chavo tenga a alguien a su lado que lo guie bien en este aspecto. Hay que tomar en cuenta su edad, y que toda esta presion generada puede ser contraproducente. Asi como te elevan, te puden bajar. Creo que el talento que posee lo va a sacar a flote, y va a ser una gran ayuda para el TRI, junto con Nery y Vela.

16. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wouldn't want Gio at Liverpool:)eek: did I just say that). Rafa Benitez's style of play wouldn't help Gio.

17. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    yeah, it's more on the defensive side, plus he'd not only have to adjust to the style of play in england, he'd have to beat out torres, kuyt, babel, and crouch for a spot, all of which are staples on their national teams. wouldn't be a good move. i think he'll want to stay in barca anyway, with his idol ronnie and marquez playing there

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I totally agree with you on that one. Hey on those media tiempo pics I saw the hurricane hit the field will this effect their practicing or was this another part of Mexico?

19. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=405003

Dos Santos Unconcerned By New Contract Giovani Dos Santos is set to pen a vastly improved deal to tie him to FC Barcelona, but he has assured that he ha never had any intention of leaving the club.

With his current deal including a buy-out clause of only €30m, a fee that most major teams would pay without any fuss, the Blaugrana want to triple that at least.

WTF

20. el_webo_mas_wevon

Aug 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

Omg..i dont know if this is true buit 430 MILLIONS?!?!?!?!:eek:

21. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Pesos :D

41 million dollars = around 430 million pesos

BTW, merging the Dos Santos and Marquez thread is stupid...Over 90% of the posts are going to be for Dos Santos...If someone wants to read comments on Marquez they have to search thru pages just to find one comment...

22. Red-Town

Red-Town New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, Norte Cali
    so basically with the new contract his buy out clause will be worth €90m

23. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Yep, at least €90m...Which doesn't sound too far fetched when you consider Messi at the age of 18, signed a 5 year contract with a €150m buyout clause.

24. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nice. i wonder what those spazzo Gio haters are thinkin now

25. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    The cover of the Record newspaper has his new buy out clause in €100m and Mediotiempo too, but they have the clause on american dollars, 135 millions to be precise, which is around the €100m reported by Record.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=44357