Marlos Moreno - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by MiLo4891, Mar 9, 2016.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice goal. Shades of Marlos at NAcional.

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I read that gol last night was his first gol since 2016.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.
    He's never really been a great goal scorer. Even when Nacional was on the Libertadores run he was more of a creative player and someone on the wings who could make opposing fullbacks tremble with speed and agility.

That is more his game.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hmmm i think his drought is more related with his bad level during these years,

Yeah he isnt a top scorer..........but in 2015-2016 season (august 2015 to june 2017) he completed 10 goals.............more than a drught atribute to his style.......is clear that this shows how bad he have been in the last two years and half.........in comparison whit his 2 first years

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think there are many reasons as to why he is not scoring the goals like that stretch of games. The main reason in my mind is that Rueda really knew how to utilize his talent and that team he was on was one of the best in South American history.
    He went to a Spanish club that was horrible and a Flamengo team that is decent, but a different style than what he signed up for (it was thought Rueda would be his coach initially,)

Yes, some of it is his own responsibility and he has to be accountable for it too.
    Luckily he is still young and hopefully things get better for him.

sidspaceman and pibe10 repped this.
  6. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

His finishing is horrendous

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont understand how man city have ruined his development..........have loaned to 3 different teams were he have been able to have minutes depsite beign almost atrocous................city only trsuted and bought him..........and decided to loan him to get minutes..........

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the explanation..

dapip and sidspaceman repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pfff

what a lot of lies

1-Girona had a lot of young players property of City in their sqaud........and they arent fighting agaisnt regalation.......the other youngster are used more than marlos...

3. Lerma arrived with 21 to levante that fighted relegation and get demoted.......the fact of beign young inst an escuse to be unused if you fight relagation.........

4. Vinicius have gone months ago...and he havent played goood...........ant not because lack of chances.....

that post are an oda of mediocrity

pibe10 repped this.
  11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #436 Baal88, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    I agree with this. Marlos has shown very little flexibility to adapt and be useful for a team. I doubt that of the 4 or 5 coaches he's had since leaving Nacional none have seen anything useful in his playing style, the problem lies in him lacking fortitude and will to become a more complete player.

For example, Deportivo was an awful team, no one can deny that, but he was given a good amount of minutes and in his preferred position in the left wing, but he was too raw, always trying the hardest one instead of finding and creating space, which in my opinion was his best asset in Nacional.

Girona was a terrible match from the start, the team played a 1-3-5-2, a position where the left wing position isn't used, nonetheless, he could have been useful in a number of places in that formation, either as a striker or as a wingback in either wing, and if he wasn't given a lot of minutes he probably didn't show anything remarkable to earn the spot.

Now in Flamengo the coaches have always used a left wing and Marlos still hasn't found his place.

This is when you have to start wondering whether the problem isn't the coaches or the team but the player.

I Still think that the best choice he could have made was staying at Nacional until a team that was willing to give him the time to adapt to the league came for him, going to Manchester City was a terrible mistake. He was never going to play there.

villus, pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I also agree with Pepino. No one here loves Marlos more than me and wanted him to succeed, but to aay that Man City ruined him?! I saw the tweet from Simon, I respect his opinions but sometimes he tweets crap. And this is one of them. Marlos was given enough opportunities to justify his place in the starting line-up yet he failed. I also dont think that he is "ruined" but he definitely has to work very hard to return to his glory days of 2016.

villus and pepinointer repped this.
  13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think there is a middle ground, Man City may not have chose the best spots for him in Girona and especially Deportivo, Girona did play a formation that did not fit him whatsoever and although they did well in their first season coming in the expectations were that they would be in a relegation battle. Flamengo though doesn't make any sense, City didn't know that Rueda was going to get sacked and sending him to his old coach is a very smart move, probably the best move considering they would know and trust each other and Rueda got the best out of him.

Marlos deserves a good amount of the blame, the situations may not have been perfect but its on you to develop and adapt and his manegement/agents have a say in where he goes, if he didn't want to go somewhere and had good agents they could have advised him better. He has failed to develop, the player always in a case like this will shoulder a good deal of the blame, but city did make poor choices in the first two loans for sure and it didn't help him.

14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I agree with Simon lots but he does tend to be very protective and boisterous about young Colombian talents, not a crime as hyping these guys to wider audiences and showcasing them is great for Colombian soccer, but he is biased towards them.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree. Although he talks about Yeison Guzman like he is the next Messi and only once in a while when Guzman does something, Simon quotes himself from past tweets to let everyone knows who was the first to recommend.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have lost resppect about him a lot of in few months...

pibe10 repped this.
  17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I still didn't understand what he is doing in Colombia.

18. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Looking like
    i kind of agree that they ruined him....

He was at a fragile point of the development stage needed to be at a team
    I kind of have to agree though... He is still young too.... It's too much to ask for a lot of young talent to get loaned out to a bad team and still expect them to do what Marlos did for Nacional... I think if Marlos would have went to a team that dominates it's league and that brought him along slowly things would be different...

Look at for instance what difference it is for Juan Fernando Quintero to be on a team that dominates and doesn't ask much from him....

Same for Marlos... I think if he would go to Boca or PSV or Ajax or Porto or Sporting we would see him start to develop... But can't set such high expectations... Just start him slowly and expect good play and then next level would be to impact the game as a sub and so on and so forth

19. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Me gustaría verlo de nuevo en Colombia... O por lo menos entrenado con el City...
    O porque no con el City de la MLS... Ya que son del mismo grupo global NYCFC seguramente le daría mucho más continuidad que en Brasil o Inglaterra ..

Me encanto su tiempo con Nacional y me gustaría verlo con NYRB o Atlético Nacional... Pero si le sale algo con Flamengo O Palmeiras o en un equipo de la elite de su liga en Europa como el Porto o Benfica o Celtic o PSV bien sea

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sidspaceman repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Send his ass to Argentina. We need him to turn into a man

pepinointer repped this.
  23. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only wish he had gone there directly after the Libertadores run...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    send him to a therapist.

25. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Ojalá le vaya bien y recupere ese nivel que insinuó con esos chispazos que tuvo con Atlético Nacional durante las primeras fases de Copa Libretadores y que también dejó con la Selección Colombia vs Bolivia