Marlon Harewood (WHU): Barbados/Jamaica??

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by MetroChile, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For some reason, I keep thinking this guy (who is one of the top scorers in the EPL) could claim eligibility to play for Jamaica. I don't know why, but I think I read it somewhere. I know for a fact if he wanted to play for Barbados he also could do that. Can anyone find out about the Jamaica aspect? I tried to find out in the WHU forum, but most of them disagreed (either I am wrong, which is a distinct possibility, or they are); however I am certain I read this somewhere..
    Anyway, if anyone knows....
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Metro

2. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Lesson One. Not Every black player born in the UK is From JA. There are many up & coming who originate from Africa & West Indies.

Harewoods Parents(BOTH) are from Barbados

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You tell me where I said that ALL black players from the UK are from JA.
    Read more carefully next time, mate. :)

4. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Fix your sentance dont you mean ''you tell me where I said that all black players BORN in the UK originate from JA''
    If You Knew About harewoods Bajan ties why did you have to assume he had JA Ties? :)

You did a stereotypical thing. I just telling you.:)

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1. Fix your grammar.
    2. I must admit that I forgot to say I heard on FSW he had Jamaican blood, I did not stereotype anyone at all; you assumed I did by not asking.
    I am well aware (don't know if you are) that he could have Sierra Leonese, Nigerian, Ghanaian, even St. Lucian blood for all you and I know; or he could very well have blood from none of the aforementioned places. My interest on this was purely to see if he could help Jamaica (considering he is one of the top scorers in the EPL); and if he can't, because he has no family or blood ties to any of them, then that's the end of this discussion.
    Please stop your trolling.
    Thank you :)

6. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    What ever you say. You knew you made an assumption.
    Hes of Bajan Descent nothing else. Next time ask where a person orgins come from dont assume because it can cause offense or become annoying when someone think they are from JA when they are not. I live in england and I know what im talking about coming from a WI Background.
    Laters

7. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Sierra Leonean.
    Why do you say even St.Lucian, there are quite alot of players of St.Lucian Descent in the Prem. Jermain Defoe & Rio & Anton Ferdinand are some for one.
    BTW at this current time there are more players born in the UK of Caribbean Descent:)

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What is your problem, man?
    My mistake, as I had already stated, is that I forgot to mention I had heard on FSC/FSW that he could play for Jamaica.
    I don't know why you seem to be taking offense at that--do you feel stereotyped or something?
    There was absolutely no basis of an assumption (like I said I just neglected to mention an important fact).
    Also, just because you live in England does not necessarily mean you know everything there is to know.
    So, please: relax.

9. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    ok boss. I was done & I am relaxed. I did tell coming from a WI background i would know how annoying for someone to think your from JA.(no offense to JA of course) I was actually doing you a favour in telling you rather and you do it to someone in person if you were to come to the UK.
    You missed out a key thing and you said so. Its done. Laters!