Marlon de Jesús - Club Monterrey de Mexico

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Luigi408, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Marlon is officially going to Monterrey from Mexico. Another player from Ecuador going to Mexico. Wish him the best. IMO Monterrey is a good team and I hope he can mature and become a more complete player. I just wonder how much they paid for him?

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Monterrey paid $3 million or something really close to it from what I read on Euagol.com

Good luck Marlon! I wish him the best and I want to see him triumph in the mexican league. I hope he's successful there and matures as a footballer...the kid's got a good head on his shoulders. If he can learn how to handle the pressure when he's about to finish his plays, he'll be an extremely important asset to not only Monterrey but the NT as well. I'm pretty sure we're all going to see Marlon do really well in mexico.

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    $3 million is not bad but I was hoping closer to $5 million lol. Still, the more money coming into Ecuadorian clubs the better. Yeah I think Marlon will be good in Mexico, our players develop there pretty good. I just hope he developes as good as Benitez or better so he can go to Europe in a few years.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hopefully he'll cut down on those misses. His highlight reel includes goals and epic mamadas. I'm wishing him the best, but let's also be patient with the process- he has a long way to go to develop.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Somebody compared him to a young Tin Delgado, which hopefully is the case. I remember El Tin being extremely frustrating in his early days at Barcelona, and missing some incredible goals. Then if I remember correctly, he struggled his first year in Mexico with Cruz Azul, and then he had a breakout season with Necaxa, scoring all types of goals. That's when he really became a force for the NT, especially because of the understanding he had with Alex Aguinaga since they played together.

Anyways this is an interesting deal and I hope it goes well. At $3M for a 5-year contract, Monterrey is making a serious bet on him. As far as Mexican clubs go, it seems Monterrey has a good track record with foreign players, obviously they were great with Walter Ayovi, and Chupete Suazo for me has been one of the most fearsome strikers in South America.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    his goal scoring record (average) is actually better than Chucho's if we compare both of them at the time that they transferred. Marlon is only a few months older than what Chucho was when he transferred to Santos. River Plate and Estudiantes De la Plata are teams that would not make formal offers for a player if they weren't sure he had talent. That's all I can say about that. Marlon just needs to finish developing and the good thing is that he is young and has all the time in the world just like Chucho did when he first went to Mexico.

The one lesson Chucho left to all us ecuadorians is that we have to be patient and not lose faith in our players. I'm pretty sure Marlon will have a great future, let's just not expect things to happen all at once or even a year from now. This is a process and it will take it's time.

7. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OMG. I knew the Mexicans were going to Bite.. LOL. Now Emelec can win some International games!! Good Luck Malo! Until the day I can call him Marlon..:D

Primitive Ways repped this.
  8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^^

haha. We'll see how it goes...2 seasons and I hope he can be the break-out striker that we need.

In the meantime, we definitely have pieces that can assist us in the short-run.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I saw the extra time of the Monterrey game today in the World Club Cup. Marlon came on as a sub after the opponents scored in the 5th minute of extra time. He got himself in some good positions and had a decent chance but hit it at the goalkeeper from a difficult angle. His touch is awful and it cost a couple other opportunities that could have been dangerous.

The whole thing was difficult to watch. It's Monterrey's 3rd time in a row at this tournament and they have done squat 3 years in a row. A lot of passing and possession with no end product.

10. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Looks like "El Chupete" Suazo is gonna be out for about 4 months, so hopefully Marlon can take advantage! No secret our NT still needs somebody up top with Caicedo ... I'm still not sure about Enner and yoya seems to be done IMO! Hopefully he can tear it up from now till June

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. He is our only hope right now cause Yoya is injured again it seems. So he will be out of the WC. Ener is not doing too good right now but he is very dangerous and it's too early in the season. As long as De Jesus is playing constantly it will be good for us.

12. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    From what I've seen so far with him at Monterrey, I think he's got A LOT to improve on, but at 22 years old it's pretty obvious he will play a role for the NT in the future. If he improves his touch and becomes more clinical in front of goal, he could be the player that everyone hopes.

He gets himself into good positions, he's got a great physique, and his shot is powerful. I remember El Tin being very clumsy too when he was younger, but as he matured he learned to use his physical attributes to his potential. If Marlon can do that he can be a great forward for us over the next few years.

13. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    468931919158472705 is not a valid tweet id

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I knew he'd be shit since he missed that wide open goal 10 years ago.

15. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico