Marketing Idea -- A Revs-based Radio Show

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Tea Men Tom, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Tea Men Tom

Tea Men Tom Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Very interesting column in this morning's Globe about an attempt to generate some real hockey talk on Boston's WWZN.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2003/10/10/hockey_talk_finds_a_spot/

The opportunity now exists -- basically because The Zone is probably just hanging on waiting for a buyer to come along -- to buy a time slot and put on your own show.

In this case some hockey guys, frustrated with EEI's unwillingness to even acknowledge that the sport exists, are doing a local hockey show in a decent time slot.

So why couldn't the Krafts do this? You listening Brad?

I imagine you can buy time on this station -- especially on weekends -- for next to nothing because those slots never generate much for a radio station, and get a Revs specific (with general around the world soccer discussion as well) show on the air.

I know the season's almost over -- but I'm guessing it wouldn't take a whole lot of money to make something like this happen. Especially if you can find a local sponsor to pay for the time.

I also don't suppose it would take much effort to get local stations in places like New Bedford, Brockton, Lowell and Lawrence to maybe pick up the show as well -- especially if it were on a weekend.

With a little effort, I think you could get this done for short money -- or no cost to the Revs -- (pay attention Krafty's) if you can find a local sponsor or two to pay for the time.