Margaret Hassan, R.I.P

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Roel, Nov 16, 2004.

1. dj43

dj43 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nor Cal
    Until these murdering criminals that are also called terrorist and insurrgents are killed, it won't matter. In their language, the word "humanitarian" does not exist. Now they have just shown that again in the most cruel act yet.

As bad as 911 was, this is right up there with it. I know of no other way to express the extent of my outrage.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I normally don't follow the kidnapping stories that much. I think they are overplayed and the terrorists get too much publicity. I don't mean to downplay the tragedy, but people get kidnapped and killed in Latin America every day and they don't make the news.

But I just read an article about this lady, and it makes me really angry. Whether or not we agree with her views, which she was very vocal about, it is obvious that this is a woman who gave her life for the needy of Iraq, and it is a travesty that she was treated in this manner.

It is events like this which make me wish that there is a heaven (for Ms. Hassan) and a hell (for her killers.)

3. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Tragic ... extraordinarily cruel and ruthless ... but not insane.

Understanding the motivation is critical. To be more precise, understanding why the people committing this murder correctly perceive that chopping off Margaret Hassan's head will not harm their aspirations for political power is critical.