Marco Pappa with options abroad

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Guatefc, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    http://www.lared.com.gt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1596&catid=34&Itemid=40

Pappa could leave Chicago Fire, with Strong Interest being shown by Colo Colo of Chile Top Flight to Sign the Guatemalan Midfielder, at the end of this MLS season.

Marco, agent also has been approached by Villareal and shown some interest in pursuing the guatemalan. Newcastle additionally would like to give Pappa trial in the near future.

It has also been uncovered that some Scouts of Manchester United will be keeping a close look at Marco this summer when Manchester visits for their summer friendlies and MLS all-star game. Sir Alex Ferguson already is aware of Pappa and has him on his whilst

With the Summer Transfer Window in the MLS now open as of May 28th, all will depend on Pappa's performance in the gold cup and the matches he is being observed in this summer by the clubs showing interest.

So for the sake of fire, he might as well play poorly this summer and her will stay at least one more season.

Thank you all.

2. fire428

fire428 Member

May 9, 2008
    Elmhurst
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way any of those teams have any interest in Pappa. The only realistic one is the team in Chile. Otherwise all those teams mentioned are way above Pappa's skill level.

3. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    Manchester United is scouting ball boys abroad these days?

4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I'll defer to your expertise on boys and testicles, you tea-bagging pedophile son of a bitch.

5. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    :rolleyes:

Name one player in MLS that Manchester United would come over here and scout. Would Marco Pappa be anywhere near the top of that list? I'm one of the biggest proponents of this league and how it stacks up with other leagues; but if someone seriously thinks that Manchester United would scout Marco Pappa then they are crazy. I'm not here starting crap, I'm stating a fact. Based on Pappa's play he would probably fit on a lower tier team in the EPL (like a Wigan) or on a team in the top half of the Championship. But anything above a relegation battler is a huge stretch. If Clint Dempsey can't even break into a top 5 team in England then Marco Pappa surely ain't (particularly not on the defending champion's squad).

6. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    What did I say about Pappa? I was talking about your latest blog post on NAMBLA Weekly. I was seriously deferring to your knowledge about the ball sacks of young boys. You brought this up man.

7. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chris M. again.

8. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Taken care of.

9. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. You have to know your audience when you write such things. I'll leave you alone now so you can concentrate on your homily for Sunday.

10. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Please stop fondling little children.

11. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    For what it's worth I was at the Guatemala vs Honduras Gold Cup game tonight (where Pappa was the best player on the pitch) and there was a tall caucasian guy sitting about 3 rows in front of me who I'm pretty sure was a scout.

12. Ever2012

Ever2012 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Pappa is a great player, with great skills and great IQ to play soccer. With that said, unless ManU coaches see something I can see, I do not think this rumor is for real. I think he can show great performeances in the Mexican league, Spain (Osasuna, Zaragoza, etc), England (Sunderland, Wigan, southhampton,) but I do not think ManU would hire him. Unforfunately, being a Guatemalan does not help. If he was Argentinian or at least Paraguayan, he would have different chances. Well see how this develops.

13. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Pappa got skill and all is he need is proper guidance.
    Now F****** OFF son of a bitch

14. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pappa has many options elsewhere. Only ones to write about are the biggest and you always drop the MU bomb when you get the chance.

15. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago
    I always saw him going to a mid table La Liga or Ligue 1 team. Maybe a smaller league for a team that was in Europe sometimes, like Braga or Standard Liege or Twente or the like.

So yeah didn't expect to see him on "Sir Alex's Wishlist".....

16. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont for a second think they arent scouting the league. They may not put much interest in the player, but they are fully aware of the talents in MLS. I dont see ManU pushing to sign anyone, but they are taking notes.

17. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pappa in La Liga or Erevedise makes the most sense to me, though I'd be incredulous that he could cut it at Villareal.

18. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    To be fair, the article was loosely translated. I think this is a more accurate translation:

Maybe someone should ask Pappa directly about these rumors.

19. XeneizeAZ

XeneizeAZ New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Arizona
    Comments deleted due to trolling.

20. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to tell online when people are just creating satirical caricatures of buffoons, so for your sake I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

21. LEEP

LEEP Member

Jul 31, 2007
    lockport, il
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you are talking about going to a team where Berbatov has been having trouble getting playing time as of late. Nothing to do with hating. If anything I hate Man U. If he does goes to Man, I see him being loaned out.

22. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Well it wouldn't be the first time an MLS player goes to Man U. There's also a certain Concacaf player already on the team that did surprisingly well in adapting to Man U.

23. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumb...Rules? You mean like salary caps and international roster spots? Half of which nearly the entire planet incorporates and the other which it soon will.... Those rules?

Clearly such an experienced Footballer...excuse me, Soccer player like you would know the "rules" or "laws" of Fifa are universal but things like money and players vary from league to league.

24. and if you think pappa is anything close to chicharito you're insane

25. Ever2012

Ever2012 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Oh well, another fifth-grader posting. Calm down, the "twilight" saga is coming up so you can relax and enjoy life. hijueputa!