March U20 camp

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sandon Mibut, Mar 6, 2018.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I saw us score. Couldn't tell who. Then right after kickoff, final whistle and we celebrate. I'm going to guess it was Llanez, kinda smaller Latino kid. Sounds right.

2. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Yes, you can see it on the profile from the original link. LW ran down the line but the cross got picked out, Llanez (?) overran it at first but got back to it, turned, and beat the keeper while in a crowd. Nice individual effort and great athleticism in a tight space.

A lot to be happy with in the result.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    How similar was Frances lineup today compared to the previous games'?

4. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I think it was Amaya, #9. He just moved there for Brewer. The video, what there is of it, isn't kind to Shaft as he mostly walks back and forth in front of the camera. The USA not once in the 20 minute clip tries to play up the right side.

Pretty one way for France until Brewer is subbed out, then almost all USA. Maybe they switched a forward into the midfield? Went from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, hard to tell from these streams.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  5. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Looked like it was mostly the second team for the USA. Hard to tell for France, but you would think with two games everyone would play.

6. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
  7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    If by "rough" you mean "it appears the entire U.S. traveling roster is in the picture" then I can't help but agree.

;)

Winoman repped this.
  8. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankie Amaya scored the goal.

9. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    People can criticize Tabs player selection all they want but how many other coaches are progressive enough to try the 2-4-4-3 formation

10. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Too defensive. Fire Tab!

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It was hard to see as the camera angle was bad, but I thought we played well in this game. Almost every player played well today, and we had a lot more possession. We probably even outplayed France. Were these France's back ups?

12. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    do we have a lineup for this game?

13. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Winoman and USAMEX10 repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    More susceptible at the back? Certainly not, IMO.

15. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Short match recap w/ both teams starting lineup -

Namdynamo, Pl@ymaker, matabala and 2 others repped this.
  16. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Just a wild guess. Game 1: Back up defenders, starting attackers; Game 2: total switch.

17. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not on the original call up list, but Cappis is shown as an unused sub in both games.

18. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Thought that looked like Zizou in the photo. His son played for France U21's in this match. Irony being most of these youngsters weren't even born in 1998. o_O

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Yeah, in that picture with Zidane I think I see him in the back there.
    Surprised he's with the U20s and not at the Dallas Cup.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Dallas owed them one after holding Pomykal back.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  21. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Carleton left camp early to come back to the US. Could mean Tata plans on using him next Saturday for Atlanta's game in Minnesota.

22. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would think so, but you never can tell.

23. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching SKC-Real Madrid. I’m going to watch a lot more of these games once my fantasy baseball draft is over tomorrow but I wanted to watch this one cuz it was Real Madrid and there were a couple prospects to watch on SKC.

Cameron Duke is a baller and we really should be talking about him more. He doesn’t really have a good idea of when to pass and when to try to end to end, but he is lightning quick and has mad dribble skills. He’s good in possession and knows who’s around him. If he can just develop some better vision and start making a pass after he dribbles out of trouble, he could be a really, really good 8. I could also see him on the wing eventually.

Still not the biggest Busio fan. He makes some nice plays and you can tell he has something about him where you don’t want to look away. We know he can make the spectacular play at times. But he’s way too passive and his movement off the ball is almost non-existent. Actually, that was a big problem with all of skc. They played solid defense, possessed decently well, but their movement and creativity in the attacking third were completely absent.

I was also pretty impressed with #6 (Rad?). I thought he was solid all game with his tackling and had some nice flashes in possession. I’d have to see him more, but he looked pretty good.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  24. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched the nycfc match, too. A little difficult to judge because the wind was blowing 40 mph. Nycfc clearly was lacking creativity on the wings or in the midfield, and they were lacking on defense, but I don’t feel like they were 3 goals worse than athletico parasomethingportuguese.

I know this almost sounds blasphemous, but I’m not as high on Reyna as everybody else seems to be. I know part of the problem is nycfc isn’t as good as him, so he has to do everything himself. But even with the u15s and u17s, there’s something missing with him. He’s not especially quick and he looks like he tries to score every time he touches the ball, even when he receives it at midfield. He makes some nice plays, but I’m expecting him to not turn out to be as good as everyone else seems to think.

I’m also not a fan of just tossing out red cards when the ref is 30 yards behind the play and is basically just reacting to the player. Sure, maybe the player went in studs up, clipped the guy’s shin, and actually injured him. Or maybe he went in with his toe, just barely missed the ball, and maybe didn’t even touch the other player, but the other player dove to the ground like he got shot and started crying like a baby because that’s what half the world’s soccer players do.

If you can’t tell, I dont like diving. But fwiw, the worst dive I saw today was a Florida state basketball player.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  25. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes, spring soccer in Dallas! It's not considered windy unless all the garbage cans are rolling around the field and a pack of birds hover above them waiting for morsels to fall out.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.