Marcelo Moreno (Martins) thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Mengão86, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I figured I'd start a thread here and leave some updates about him once in a while since I follow the Brazilian league very closely. For the most part, it seems that you guys have been doing a very good job getting information and videos on him.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gracias amigo, we'll appreciate any updates you can give us. On Arce too....

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes please keep us informed! Do you see martins getting any more playing time even if those starters you mentioned come back healthy? Will he go back to the bench in your opinion? As he has scored like alot lately when he has played for cruziero, and assisted some too!

And do you follow the reports in the newspapers? Anything interesting?

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcelo might be on the bench after the starters are going back. Roni is coming back for Cruzeiro's next game, but he will most likely be coming off the bench since he was hurt.

I typically read stuff from the most popular media outlets in Brazil, mostly Globo. Cruzeiro asked your federation if they could use him for their next two upcoming games but the fed declined. I assume he will be going to Bolivia to train with the rest of the team.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to the bench once Roni and Guilherme get back, especially with Marcelo missing these 2 crucial club games they got coming up. Kind of a double edged sword. On the one hand by going to the Peru game he will more than likely be giving up his starting spot back to Roni, but if he doesn't he wont get a chance to play with the National team before qualifiers.

Either way Martins will have to battle everyday for a starter spot, Cruzeiro is stacked at forward. Alecsandro is a beast, Roni is quality and so is Guilherme. At least Martins showed he can play (3 starts, 4 goals)

6. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Well, even though he didn't look super impressive, he did score both of Cruzeiro's gol's against Gremio - the gol's are adding up...

7. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I thought he played well, 4 starts and 6 goals in the brasileirao is quality no matter how you look at it. He's on a roll, let's hope he keeps it up for Bolivia starting con los peruchos :D

Aparentemente empresarios ya tienen interes sobre Martins. Me da flojera traducir este articulo pero dice que estuvo un empresario holandes que estuvo en el partido del sabado a ver jugar a Alecsandro y Martins. Y dice que estuvo satisfecho con lo que vio, y especialmente el desempeno de Martin quien anoto 2 goles. Tambien habla de un ex jugador de Cruzeiro quien tambien estuvo con otro empresario quien estuvo para ver al equipo de Cruzeiro.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/Futebol/Cruzeiro/0,,MUL101300-4401,00.html

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting, that could mean a jump to holland? A great league to start off your european career! I knew this was going to happen, hes really young with alot of potential with time this kid and arce could be our answer to our offense problems.

9. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Looks like Bolivia has finally found a cure for it's offensive problems up front. This kid is legit!! Unless Cruzeiro has a complete meltdown, they'll get one of the spots for the Copa Libertadores in 2008. Then he'll really get to showcase his skills.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Wow....slow your roll nothing has happened yet, but if he continues to produce it'll only be a matter of time before he heads overseas. He already has as many goals as Guilherme in less games and 1 less than Roni (his teammates who were starting over him). Especially like ElMuneco said, if Cruzeiro doesn't blow it he'll get a chance to show what he's got in Libertadores.

Either way I don't care if he plays for Real Madrid and scores 30 goals a season or plays for Aurora in Bolivia and scores 2 goals. The only thing I care is that when he wears Bolivias jersey he produces. There are plenty of guys out there who already are great club players but don't do sh*t for their national teams.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Coimbra

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcelo just scored for Cruzeiro in the Libertadores, vs. Cerro.

13. Navimaster

Navimaster Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hello friends, I want to know, how old is Martins? And where can I find some videos of him?

I heard about him when we had that last Peru-vs-Bolivia friendly cause some commentators were talking about him.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Go look up marcelo Moreno on youtube, he goes buy that name which i think is his moms, but in bolivia he stays with the apellido of Martins which i think is his pops.

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Martins as he's known in Bolivia or Moreno as he's known in Brasil, is currently 20yrs old, check youtube and the globoesporte site for videos of him in action. He had 7 goals for Cruzeiro in limited showing, this being his first season for the club. He was bought from Vitoria in the third division and began his career at Oriente Petrolero in Bolivia.

PS - He had a nice game, although he really should have finished off that 1 on 1 with the keeper at the end for his 2nd goal. Either way nice skills to get past the defense.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just wanted to point this out again! LOL

Again I got you! LOL

I told you about moreno, and you said he was over the hill, too old, etc. then he goes and scored against vene. then against peru with a screamer.

and at this time you didnt believe in this guy, then he goes and scores 2 against Venezuela! :p

Forgot you said this, now i reread it. LOL

How about that??

So am i still jumping the gun seeing how he could end up in maybe holland? Or should i up the ante, and say la liga?

Just call me the prophet.

17. Navimaster

Navimaster Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    El Profeta!

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Yes you were right about Moreno for Copa, I think you were the only one who was defending him. However, you must now agree that he is DONE for the national team in La Paz. Copa America was his last chance to make up for all his underachievement para la sele. Easily our best player, but going forward I don't see him contributing much if we continue to play in La Paz. Unless he switches positions and MAYBE Sanchez tries him out at #10. As far as delantero goes, his time has come and gone. We have 3 young talented guys (Martins, Cabrera, Arce) who shouldn't be on the bench because of Moreno.

About Martins, I've always "believed" in Martins since I saw him play with Vitoria. I'm just not ready to claim a guy is ready for Real Madrid or FIFA player of the year based on potential and a few good showings, If I was I'd be posting on the US mens board:D

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Def. not Real Madrid, But i believe he is ready to go to spain, hes so gumby like with his height. He gets pushed around and looses his balance, yet manages to trap the ball and do dangerous things. This IMO is his biggest strength, and his touch on the ball aint bad either! The kid can play, and at only 20 europe's gonna come a calling. I'd love to see him start off on a middle level team or say, a SA' friendly team like Villareal who had ties with JM Pena, so i could see him going there. Hopefully Pena could pull strings. That would be nice, him and Rossi up front would be sick!

And on moreno, yes his times up. He's having a hard time battling his weight issues, and is too slow on the ball now. He was good in venezuela because he was in season, but his age is catching up to him and at best like you said i also think he'd be ok in the mid field. He'd need to try that out first before we even assume, i know when playing forward its hard to just out of no where change up your playing style to distributor, like etcheverry it took him time to work himself back down to the midfield, and still playing withdrawn forward at times like in the copa america 97'.

20. BRONCONOSE

BRONCONOSE Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Marcelo should go to Holland in my opinion, it's the best place for a forward to grow, just ask Farfan:p He should go to PSV, and since Farfan is now more of a 10 for PSV, he doen't go for goals anymore, he would assist him perfectley and help him perfect his game. Look up Farfan on Youtube, he plays like Henry and Moreno's got some of that too. And Manco is going there too and that would be a hell of a deadly triad, and manco is a great assister and would bring out the best of Moreno's (Martins) areal game with his crosses, look Manco up too, you'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h71g5sqrB1E

____Lazovic ______Moreno
    Afellay ____ Farfan _____ Manco

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, Manco is sick at only 17yrs old!!

That kid IMO could be the next REAL superstar for peru. I wish bolivia had something like that for the midfield...

22. BRONCONOSE

BRONCONOSE Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well Bolivia has Jhasmani Campos, i'm pretty sure he'll make the jump to Europe and the kid is good and he's only 19.

23. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Don't forget about Carlos Sabja, who came out of the u-17 national team and was bought by Benfica. He is a midfielder.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well Martins opened up the scoring for Cruzeiro again with them beating Real Potosi last night 3-0.

And still at 20yrs old, he has a great future ahead of him, 3 goals so far in the copa libertadores.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Updating this thread again, Martin's had a great game, with the announcers giving him alot of credit and it seems he is a full blown starter now for Cruzeiro. Hes only 20 and at the rate hes playing i wont be surprised if he's gone by june to a big club. He saved Cruzeiro last night as san lorenzo would have socred if it wasnt for his bicycle kick clear he had in the back post, it was AWSOME! Too bad he got hurt as a result, not sure what it was but i hope its nothing that will keep him from playing next week.