Marcelo Balboa: Moron or A$$hole?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew SC' started by Bill Archer, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HDNet now has this half hour pregame show called "MLS: Behind The Net"

Now I'm very happy to see another TV show about the league, even one that only 12 or 14 people nationwide can get.

Ubfortunately though all they do is turn on the cameras early and let Marcelo and Glenn whatshisname verbally masturbate for 30 minutes.

This necessitates actually watching, as well as having to listen to, Marcelo Balboa. It's not bad enough that everything that he says is either obvious or stupid or a cliche - now you also have to look at that absurd "Hey, I'm Still Hip" greasyass hairdo, the cheezy oversized hoop earring and that gravy-laden little goatee thing that looks like a rodent crawled onto his mouth and died.

Last night they were trying to kill time by asking each other questions and Marcelo was asked to predict the teams which would make the playoffs and who had been getting hot going into the last month.

Guess what? He didn't even mention Columbus. Acted like they weren't even in the league. He thinks the East comes down to Metros/Fire, with DC and New England getting the other spots. Never even MENTIONED the POSSIBILITY that Crew could be in it.

Balboa needs to go get a real fucking job and stop annoying people who bathe regularly. He was always a crappy player and why anyone would hire him so they can listen to him start every sentence with "Well, they really have" or "Well, it really is" and be forced to look at that bus-station-Vietnam-Vet-begging-for-change looking butthole is beyond me.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I hated from the first season opn when I saw us play Colorado. I hate the guy.

3. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    I always thought he could play, but this is similar to the lack of talent or style that puts Eric Whinealda putting his personal opinions into the broadcast.

Controversy creates an audience though - how about the idiot on ESPN who does editorials...

4. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Perhaps he was right - we suck.

5. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    crappy player? right. go watch some more high school soccer...
    bus-station-vietnam-vet-begging-for-change thing... this coming from the "official bigsoccer.com champion of the 'war on terrorism?'" gimme a break...
    and judging from yesterday's result, balboa may know what he's talking about. i hope not but...

topper in 4..3..2.....

6. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I take it you didn't like the bike he gave you for Christmas?

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    melloyellow:

Look, I know that after I whacked the snot out of you the other day you've been trying to pick a fight with me. You even went over to rivalries and embarassed yourself so badly that a mouthbreather like "Beerking" said you have "no class" (and I've known six year olds with more class than that butthole)

You were such an ass that Lucid, of all people, deleted your post. On Rivalries. Christ in spandex, you can accuse the Pope of carnal relations with goats over there and they won't delete your post.

But don't be an ass on the Crew boards. If you like Marcelo Balboa, wonderful. Good for you. Virtually everyone else thinks he's a dork, and that includes people who enjoy good soccer wherever it's found, be that High School College, PDL or whatever.

I'm not nearly this easy to bait, melloyellow. Why don't you just give it a rest, pal?

Or if you just can't help yourself, PM me. But don't crap up the Crew boards with this infantile notion that you and I are feuding. Maybe YOU are, but I'm not gonna play. Sorry.

(and don't hold your breath - Topper isn't about to get involved here. If you think this, then you really don't know much about him)

Well, obviously we DO suck.

But Balboa doesn't know it. He's just guessing.

8. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not nearly as much as the ************** he gave you.

9. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Careful what you say.

It appears in a late-night gloryhole raid in Denver this past weekend at our latest troll wcgcapone's apartment.
    Some of the evidence has been dislosed to the public:

[​IMG]

10. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    it certainly appears to be much easier.

11. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats a big *#*#*#*#in fish, my friend. you might want to mount him... or turn it into a billy archer singin' bass. ;)

12. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States