Marc Pelosi at Liverpool

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This Is Anfield‏@thisisanfield
    Rodgers on Marc Pelosi: He's a gifted young player, excellent left foot. Hopefully over next couple of years he'll progress. Great kid.

Testudo repped this.
  2. TheObserver89

TheObserver89 Member

Nov 20, 2014
    He just needs to keep working hard. Everyone recognizes his talent, he just has to stay focused on his goal and he'll end up in a great position. Maybe Liverpool, maybe elsewhere, but he's got alot going for him, just gotta keep fighting.

3. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    Pelosi wasn't in the squad for the latest u-21 game, a 1-0 win against Sunderland on Feb. 16. Not sure if carrying a knock or whatever. Next u-21 game is against Chelsea on March 2.

For some reason though he took a picture with some vagrant who wondered into the training ground.

[​IMG]

Testudo, wixson7 and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He got injured at the January camp.

ebado repped this.
  5. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    I thought he came in with the injury but really same thing in this circumstance.

6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Yeah, I've been checking the youth team match reports and have seen no mention of him.

Allen has been pretty disappointing in the 3-4-3 but I don't think that means a lot for Marc because Can can slide up and Lovren moves in to RCB. If Ibe shows an aptitude for defending he could allow for an eventual switch back to a 4 man backline as Rodgers is flexible when it comes to systems.

I think Moreno is the clear long term plan at LB and then maybe if Flanagan decides he needs to get regular playing time Marc could work his way into the depth chart.

Realistically his best option is to get a loan or a move to a developmentally focused club where he can get real minutes next season. LB's are always in demand so that versatility could help initially, hopefully it doesn't hurt long-term.

7. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, being able to play LB is probably what is going to get him his shot, wherever that may be.

8. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    He played in December. Most recent game is the first one he's been back in Liverpool for.

Even with Gerrard gone in the summer and a potential Lucas sale, they will bring in replacements. It's hard to see anybody breaking through in midfield, even with Brendao's willingness to give young players a chance.

Flanno will probably end up on the right when healthy and first choice cover for Moreno on the left. Manquillo is there too. Wisdom is out on loan. Then there's Johnson and Enrique but that just makes me sad.

If he can get healthy enough to get a loan anywhere that would be great for him next season. They don't play a lot of u21 games.

9. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Wait a minute, what's Beckham doing? He never played for Liverpool. What are the chances this is a Maimi FC thing? Honestly, brilliant if so.

10. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    He was watching his son play for Arsenal's academy against Liverpool.

wixson7 and Brotheryoungbuck repped this.
  11. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Damn, thought I was on to something.

12. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    #687 ebado, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Not in the squad for U21s game against Chelsea today. Probably still injured.

13. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    No Pelosi today against Everton. Etc etc. Sakho gets a run out with the U21s though.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to see him breaking into the Liverpool first team any time soon. I'd like to see him get a loan or move to a league where he could play through summer. Hopefully make up for lost time.

15. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    Not entirely sure he's healthy enough for a loan yet.

16. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    No Pelosi in last two U21 games, a 2-0 loss to Southampton and a 5-0 win against West Ham.

Tom Collingsworth and Maitreya repped this.
  17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Unused sub in U21's vs Fulham today.

Tom Collingsworth, ebado and USAMEX10 repped this.
  18. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    He's on the bench for the U-21's against Leicester.

Kristian Scott is on the bench for Leicester as well.

19. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    Testudo, jond and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench for the U21s against Spurs today:

Testudo repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Played the last 28 minutes in a 3-1 Liverpool win:

Spurs U21s: McGee, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie, Capoue (c) (Lesniak 72), Maghoma, Carter-Vickers, McEvoy, Winks (Azzaoui 57), Harrison (Akindayini 57), Onomah, Miller. Substitutes (not used): Amos, Miles (GK).

Liverpool U21s: Vigouroux, Whelan, Hart, Randall (c), Cleary, O'Hanlan, Canos (Ejaria 87), Trickett-Smith (Pelosi 62), Yesil (Gomes 67), Kent, Wilson. Substitutes (not used): Brewitt, Firth (GK).

wixson7, Hararea and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Love me some yank on yank action.

23. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nice good for him. Gotta keep chipping away until he's back to his former level

Gacm32 repped this.
  24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Here's the video of Pelosi in the U21s vs CCV's Spurs, 4/17/15. Extended highlights.

Roster lists him as #15, but I think he is #16 in the game. No touches. Comes in at 7:13 mark of the video. Good to see him running around.

25. ebado

ebado Member

May 2, 2008
    There was a friendly against Fleetwood Town for the U21s on April 24, but I'm not sure if Pelosi played.
    Not in the squad today against Everton. Antonee Robinson is on the bench for them.

USAMEX10 repped this.