Mapp OUT 5-7 weeks

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by cesba, Aug 27, 2007.

1. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's a sprain why does he need a cast?

3. TinManJoshua

TinManJoshua Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it was the most vicious, hair-raising, violent sprain in the history of mankind. I could see bone.:rolleyes:

4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. hendo

hendo Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Northwest Side
    A bad sprain can be worse than a break.

6. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it happen....

Does anyone have a clip?

:(

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went through one in early June. Didn't play again till mid to late July. It still doesn't feel great even with a brace.

8. Tahu

Tahu Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Chicago-North Suburb
    Bad timing on the SI switch from mid to defense.

9. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    If it is not a "sprain" like Rolfe's was not a "sprain" even though that was the term they used, Justin may have a tear in his ankle ligament which is what Rolfe actually had. That is obviously much more serious than a "sprained ankle" even though that is how it is reported on the injury report. If you watched the replay in slow motion, you would see that Justin did almost the same thing Rolfe did in Toronto when his toe actually got caught in the turf so it is quite possible they had the same injury. Thankfully, they have learned from Rolfe's unfortunate experience with the medical staff to do a better job of evaluating the injury. Sorry to hear it but I'm glad they are taking the proper procedures to correct it now. Rolfe would have only missed 7 or 8 weeks rather than 11 or 12.

10. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it time in the off-season to part ways with Justin Mapp? He is arguably one of the most talented home grown players we have ever had. He is also on of our biggest dissapointments. He has dissappeared in games and occasionally wowed us with his skill. His fitness and defensive skills have always been a question. At this point we can either trade him and still get value or sell him to Europe and get a decent transfer fee. I personally do not think he would do well in Europe because a starting job will not be a guarantee. He has the talent to play in Europe but not the work ethic. He won't be able to coast through games or through the season. Also, he currently does not fit in with our squad. With our attack going through our central midfield we don't need another pplayer who will always look to pass. We need an outside MF who will track back and have the balls to score.

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fire isn't going to get anything for mapp as long as he's injured. He will have to come back and show he can still play at a high level. I'm so sick of our injury prone youngsters no matter how much talent they ossasionally show.

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    It is starting to feel a bit like Wood and Prior -- or maybe Podsednick would be a better comparison.

13. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Which European team has shown any interest in Mapp at all? None that I have heard of, and this season certainly won't turn any heads. We keep Mapp because he is still better then anything else we would get in return or in a draft. How can you claim that Mapp doesn't fit in the current squad when he has barely played with the current incarnation of the Fire? Mapp will be back for the playoffs, maybe he will give us a lift off the bench for one of those games.