Mapp & Capano in U20 Camp / Championships

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kevbrunton, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this thread https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74950, Mapp and Capano have been called into the U20 camp for training from Oct 5 thru Oct 10. This PROBABLY doesn't mean missing any games, but are there any other camps coming up? When does the final camp start?

It would not surprise me if Rongen wants his guys for at least 3 weeks before they leave for UAB. The tournament starts Nov 27, so you'd think they'd want to be over there by Nov 22 or so.

That means full camp starts no later than Nov 1 -- which means we lose a key player for the entire playoffs. If there are any other mini-camps or friendlies between now and then, we could lose him for some of our remaining games.

DC United and Metrostars are also affected by this with Convey, Ricardo Clark and Mike Magee being called in.

It looks like getting Bolanos intergrated with the team and playing is looking more and more important.

What the heck happened to Andy Williams?

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I think he got lost while he was busy bassing back to C.J. or Jimmy.

3. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to some additional information posted in the thread linked in my first post, it seems that there won't be any further camps at all between now and the Championships and that the team won't be gathering until they actually leave. Apparently, they are scheduled to leave on Nov 22nd.

So we'd only miss Mapp for the MLS Cup Final. However, one thing that I wasn't realizing is that this current camp supposedly goes until Oct 10, so Mapp may not be available for our game that night. Even if he gets back for the game, he would likely have played 90 minutes less than 24 hours before and won't likely be able to go a full match (if at all).

4. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Can we avoid losing Mapp for the final if it comes to that? Can he join the team a day later or something?