Manya - Peñarol

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by albionroad, May 16, 2008.

1. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello out there. Anyone know why the Uruguayan club Peñarol have the nickname Manyas?

2. necronudist

necronudist Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Uruguayan question...where I should post?

Why there isn't an Uruguayan research space?

3. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:2SxGuiQ0io0J:manyahastaloshuevos.piczo.com/%3Fg%3D25578737+porqu%C3%A9+manya&hl=es&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=es
    :D
    [ José Scarone, Italian, railroad immigrant and recognized peñarol fan sentenced: " When he grow, my son Carlos will play in Peñarol ”.
    The dream of the father became real in 1913, Carlos Scarone started playing in Peñarol and to the time, already formed like player emigrated to Buenos Aires to play in Boca Juniors.
    He returned to Uruguay to play in Nacional for economic motives. When people asked previously to the first classic he played why did'nt he come to Peñarol, he answered: what was going away to stay in Peñarol?: to mangiare shit?, Mangiare (italian), then manyar (to eat in Spanish).
    This nickname that was born as an insult towards the supporters, was adopted as a scream of pride that expresses their loyalty, “manyas, but the faithful to a feeling" ]

4. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Re: Uruguayan question...where I should post?

[​IMG]

5. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. That's a really funny and interesting story!

6. Peñarol1891

Peñarol1891 New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Bar Michigan