ManUre v Arsenal, Premiership Matchday 10, 3rd November 2012

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jamooky, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured I get this one early - lots to talk about.

[​IMG]

Away at ManUre
    BST: 12:45 (EST 8:45)
    TV: ESPN 2 in the States, which means Ian & Macca.

[​IMG]

Time to exorcise some demons. They kicked the living crap out of us in last year's fixture, and now they have RVP. Usually, I'd be tickled pink with a draw. But, I'm still basking in the glow from the Reading match, so what the hell? Let's get a win, boys! Of course, other than Giroud, none of the Reading guys will see the field for this one, but let's hope that our 1st teamers will be inspired. So happy that Jack and Sagna will be playing in the one.

C'MON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!

2. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8-2 Arsenal. Realistically, With our recent league form a draw would be a fantastic result. Can't see the c1 cup having any boost really, since no one in this game, aside from Giroud and possibly Theo, will have really played in it. But i'd also be happy if we started Frimpong and just had him ride van cuntry the whole match.

3. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Will miss the second half as our Open House prep at school calls. But will be up for the 5:45 kickoff.

4. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit of a dilemma.....watch it live and risk having my entire day ruined from the start or, record and watch later and drink my sorrows away...... I too would be ecstatic with a draw but not overly optimistic on that happening.
    I do like MilesW's idea though of letting Frimpong run wild and share his "special brand" of physical play with Old Whiskey Noses finest players!

5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Will miss this game for an exam :(

6. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    Only decision is whether to start Theo after he played 120min 4 days ago. Also is Gibbs fit?

7. ogadeni

ogadeni Member

Oct 30, 2009
    San Jose, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine RVP scored hatrick & kisses Man U badge? GOD!!! that will kill me. Seriously we shouldnt have let this guy go. If he was in this team we would have easily be # 1 by now & big chance of winning PL + CL + FA + Capital One....

8. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to AW No Szczesny, Gibbs and naturally no Diaby. Clearly AW accidentally killed Chesney and this is the worst cover up of all time.

10. suzukirider1300

Feb 7, 2011
    Concord, NC USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I do not think Mannone has done too bad of a job. Not perfect but Schz wasn't perfect his few games he played either. This could be our seasons defining moment!! We need to be physical with RVP. Lay on him (cleanly) every chance we get to keep him off his game!!! Make one of their other players try to beat us.

11. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Same here. Mannone isn't as good as Schz but he isn't that much of a downgrade at this point. Don't think he would be anything of a differnce between a win and loss with Manu anyway.

12. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll probably be watching this one through my fingers. The good thing about the whole RVP scenario is that we have defenders that have practiced against him for years so... they should know his tricks, right?

Giroud up top. Theo on the right. I'd love to see what Cazorla could do in a more advanced role on the wing, but I'm guessing he'll slot in behind Giroud with Arteta and Jack in the midfield. I'm guessing Ox or Podolski on the left wing. I would prefer not to see Santos out there, but I"m thinking I will.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS.

13. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  14. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Oh please...

15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's got a point. We defend rather well. We just struggle to create up front.

16. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The positive is that our defenders know how RvP plays and will do a better job than most other teams out there. If they play a 4-4-2, I honestly believe we have a chance as our MF is far superior even with injuries. As I have said before, I think they will pick on Santos. I'd also play Gerv up top. His speed and trickery will cause trouble for their CBs. We need some real width too. I'd play Theo.

Mannone
    Sagna-Mert-Verm-Santos
    Arteta-Ramsey-Cazorla
    Theo-Gerv-Poldy

17. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just realized that Gerv will not be fit for this one. Giroud for Gerv up top then.

18. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    We are going to get killed.
    Put the mortgage on Manyoo -161

19. voltman

voltman Member

Mar 26, 2008
  20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Don't think Theo starts on Saturday after 120 minutes on Tuesday.

Same lineup as last week, methinks:

Mannone
    Sagna - BFG - Verm - Apocalypse Andre
    JFW - Cazorla - Arteta
    Ramsey - Giroud - Podolski

Podolski had better get back and help more than he's done in the last couple of weeks.

21. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I'll take a draw but am expecting a loss as the FA is hellbent on fixing the league for United.

22. chaplin

chaplin New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    our left flank is gonna be attacked hard by rafael and valencia. santos and podolski have got to be alert the whole game. this is gonna be our trouble area for sure.

23. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    .......................mannone...........................
    sagna. merstesacker. vermaelen. santos.
    .............cazorla. arteta. wilshere..............
    ....chamberlain......................podolski......
    ..........................giroud..............................
    subs: martinez, koscielny, jenkinson, ramsey, eisfeld, walcott, chamakh.

the team pretty much picks itself, bar some might choose ramsey over chamberlain, but for the rw it has to be chamberlain for me. keep ramsey for cm cover later.
    if it wasn't man utd i may have put young meade on the bench for lw cover. he's got a fair few assists in the u21 league and looked fine to me the other night but man utd is a huge match.

25. suzukirider1300

Feb 7, 2011
    Concord, NC USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though it will be a tough game, I cant wait to see it. Gotta get up early!!!!