ManUre show the way!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by martymarts, Nov 25, 2004.

1. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Well, having watched every team that has played Arsenal since the 50/50 game try, with the acquiessence of various referees, to kick the Gunners of the park, it would appear that the pattern for the rest of the season is set. And PSV followed suit tonight and got away with it! The only team inept enough not to've roughed us up successfully were the Scum! I suppose there's some consolation in that?

What really hurts, other than JAR's ankles, is that football will be the loser in the end. Anyone who knows anything about soccer, and have seen how Arsene's men can play the game, have celebrated the heights that the sport has been elevated to in the last 12 months. ManUre's smash and grab at OT, and the cynical follow up in every game since, is like Ed Naughton's character, in Fight Club, destroying the face of the pretty boy of his organisation for no better reason other than pure spite!

Do the neutrals want to see Chavski buy their way to the title or a ManUre side, that's lost it's way, kicking it's way to the title? I think they'd prefer to see the shear beauty of Arsenal in flight and I hope we can hold out against the current onslaught and prevail in a style that continues to make football worth watching. If we can stay with Chavski till the winter break (it is this year that it comes into affect?) then the boys will have a breather and a chance to regroup. Hopefully the worst of our injury problems will be over and, with the addition of a little new blood, we can get back to playing at a level that no one else comes close to!

Hold on till Christmas lads and here's to a fresh run after the winter break!!

Come on you Gunners!!!

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I personally disagree (obviously). But before you have a go, read my reasoning.

Arsenal took their performance and general style of play to a "false" level. The only reason that you were able to play such great attacking football, was because the opposition didn't really attempt to challenge you at all. They did not attack and they did not compete. That allowed you to play to your strengths and the free flowing football was a direct result. Man Utd can play at that type of level as well, but it rarely happens because teams attack and get stuck into them. When the opposition finally realised that the same method could be employed against Arsenal, they obviously jumped on it. They are admittedly taking it a tad overboard at the moment, but things will settle down and adjust back to normal. I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, because it obviously couldn't last. There is a famous phrase that you should remember, pity I can't remember exactly how it goes! I'll take a stab at it and you can correct me if you know the exact version. :eek:

"You need to compete to earn the right to play" - or something like that!

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    so it was just luck that Arsenal was undefeated in the Prem last year?

Liverpool took it to us last year when we were on your back heels last year and we rose above it and won. Teams do no just sit back and let Arsenal play, its just that when Arsenal is clicking that what it seems like. If TH14 is getting double marked, someone needs to step up and score which happened last year.

and we know you do not like Arsenal, why do you still feel the need to post on here and pretty much rip what people say and the team, even if it is in a civil manner

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Of course it wasn't just luck, I have never said that. What I am saying is that there is a big difference between how teams approach your game and current results have proved that. You don't seem able to handle a physical side closing you down all the time. If I was being very harsh, I could say that you have been "found out" in a way. You mentioned one game in your post. Hardly a good response. Liverpool capitulated in that game anyway. I feel the need to respond because I am sick and tired of all the hype that is going around. Arsenal are very over-rated and unfortunately their fans have been bitten by the media bug. I could elaborate in why I believe this, but I have mentioned it before and I would rather not go off-topic in this thread. You should consider it lucky that I do not troll like some others have. I haven't even touched the PSV thread yet. :D

5. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    closing down? yes, arsenal can handle that. people hacking at reyes and knocking him down constantly does not fall under the category of "closing down"

6. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    wow...u guys really are bigger babies then i thought...Arsenal haven't showed the character it takes to be a football team lately...after losing to us, they have been abysmal and unable to bounce back...

7. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    It's funny how our "crisis" involves only tying matches and being 2pts behind 1st. Can't imagine what Manure was going through in the beginning of the season.

The problem is that Arsenal players are getting kicked more. It's as simple as that. Not many teams can challenge Arsenal in terms of skill so they have to play a very physical game against them.

8. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

You and your selective memory heh!! And there I was thinking you were going to stay away until i got back.... :rolleyes:

9. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Very over rated??? Well, well, well, well. Shoot I've been living in one of those "Matrix" type pods; Morpheus are you out there... please pull this plug out of the back of my head!

I thought I'd read every sports journalist and heard every pundit along with some of the greatest players ever to grace the beautiful game, such as Pele, Beckenbaur and Kruyff, waxing lyrical about the amazing football that Arsenal had been playing? So I guess the longest unbeaten run in English history, which included 9 more wins than Forest in the 1st 42 games, plus countless other records, none of that happened, or if it did, it was because the other teams decided that they would give us an easy ride. Wow that was so generous of all of them!

I repeat it'll be football's loss in the end; and all the sour grapes in the world won't change that!

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The board was empty. I even had to create two threads for some debate! Anyway, you are back now and I feel that I have been fairly good in your absence. I still haven't touched the PSV thread. I love you too Rick. :D

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The same thing happens to Ronaldo. We don't complain and neither does he. Yet he gets unfairly called a diver by opposition fans because of it. Should we therefore apply the same rule to Reyes? I'm sure you'll say no. Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Reyes dishing it out against England? The bottom line is that football is a contact sport and a physical game. Arsenal don't seem to have the spirit or fight to win the physical battle at this moment in time. Like I said above, this needs to be won before a team can play good football.

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: The premise of this thread is complete and total crap. "We're not playing as well - it must mean they're kicking us hard." Weren't you the team that just had two men sent off against PSV? I hate to break it to you, but you're struggling for form.
    Or did we kick you off the pitch when we outplayed you at Highbury last year too? :rolleyes:

13. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe the players have got into the comfort zone. There was a time when our midfield would meet fire with fire and not let tough tackling knock them off their stride. It's unfortunate that we have two experienced midfileders out because as good as Fabregas has been, a physical Premiership midfield battle is an eye-opener for anyone.

Before Reyes signed for us he was the most fouled player in Spain (and they know a thing or two about cynical challenges). He's well used to it, he should get on with playing football and not moaning about Gary Neville kicking him. He could run rings round the gormless manc twat if he wanted to, that's where he should be channelling his energies.

14. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well if all they do is foul, not many teams can handle that.

Most teams who try to "run" with Arsenal can not do it, Arsenal have been too quick, but if the game slows down and the flow of the game is interrupted then Arsenal does not play as well. I am surprised most teams do not do it, but I think it is because not everyone can do it without getting too many bookings.

and whichever game I mention you will have an answer for it, case in point Arsenal's comeback against Liverpool. Instead of saying Arsenal fought back for the win you just say Liverpool rolled over and died.

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Im glad you asked, I think Dan took a Zani pill recently!! :D

16. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Does that mean that your saying that with proper protection from the officials no one can live with Arsenal?

17. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i think the 5 claritins (sp?) i took yesterday to stop my allergies went to my head.

basically, teams can try to foul Arsenal. If they make the fouls obvious they will be booked, if it is just a little elbow here and a small kick there, than Arsenal will start playing slower and get pissed off.

ok, that really does not make any sense either, i'm just going to keep my mouth shut

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...says the fan of the team that lost to Pompey a week after beating Arsenal....