Manuel Lanzini

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by InterFan76, Nov 14, 2013.

1. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi Guys,
    I used to be a die hard River support until FSC lost the rights to the Argentine league (The Aimar(One of my all-time favorite players),Saviola,D'Alessandro era). Then I lost interest cause their matches weren't on TV. I just got GolTV and TyC sports and I'm psyched to finally watch them again on TV. Can you guys tell me alittle about Manuel Lanzini. How good is he? Also what other players to look out for that are up and coming.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini is a good player, but River is a bad team, so he has to play alone at times.

I like Lanzini's game, but he is definitely not at the D'Alessandro/Saviola/Aimar level. To be fair, he's not even as good as Buonanotte, but he is a serviceable player. He would function much better with a strong team around him, but this River is a shell of the team we used to be when you followed the team in the early 2000s.

The main player to look out for is Eder Alvarez Balanta, the colombian center back. He is currently on international duty with Colombia, so he won't play tomorrow, but he is a real prospect. He will definitely end up at a big European club one day. Sadly, I think he will be sold in January so enjoy these last few games he has with us.

Our number 5, Matias Kranevitter is another really good prospect. I love his game. He will be playing on Sunday so definitely check him out

Another is the number 20 the centerback German Pezzella. He was the captain of the Argentina Under 20 world cup team at the World Cup in Colombia in 2011. He has had some injury problems, but he is healthy and playing very well. He's a classy defender who knows how to play with the ball and start the plays from the back

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks dude for the update on the current squad. Can't wait to see how they do tomorrow. What club is the powerhouse now in the league? I know River hasn't been the same since they were relegated. Even Boca hasn't been really great either.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The best team in Argentina is Newell's... They are winning the league, but not by much, there form has been irregular

They lost their best Ignacio Scocco who went to play in Brazil, but they still have maxi rodriguez, david trezeguet (on loan from river), gabriel heinze, lucas bernadi and some other really good players

5. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice gotta check them out too. Scocco went to São Paulo another club I'm a fan of.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Scocco actually went to Internacional.

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes my bad it was Inter not São Paulo. Inter I like too because of D'Alessandro and Forlan. Got my Brazilian teams mixed up. Lol

8. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did you watch yesterdays match? I really enjoyed it even though River didn't win. They are a former shell of their glory days that I remember. I forgot how fun wacthing the Argentine league was. My second favorite league after Serie A. I'm gonna check out the Newell's match after work tonight.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man, I am a River fan so I didn't enjoy the game at all. We are in a serious crisis, the team has no hope.

I am going to watch the Newell's game though, hopefully Trezeguet scores a few goals

10. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The first goal by River was nice. Then it all went downhill from there. I just noticed in your avatar you put Boca as your club?

Bostero818 repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Simeone took his goal well but offered little else.

The team was lethargic, they showed no attitude. It was a disgusting performance.

River has to now start thinking about the relegation table and we need to some how get as many points as possible in the few games remaing

If you're a River fan, you chose a rough time to come back to the team... Most of us thought we would be fighting for the title this tournament, but everything has gone wrong and the "reinforcements" brought in have been anything but... And the worst part is in Argentina you can only bring in 2 reinforcements during the January transfer period, so this group of players is going to be the same group more or less we use next tournament

12. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah it sucks to see River like this. They were such a powerhouse in the past. My favs Inter are going through a bit of a rough patch too. So far we are plying better than expected this season. Hopefully with new ownership we can be a powerhouse again.

13. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh man that's price less lol

14. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What are you referring to?

15. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You noticed his favorite club being Boca. He lost a bet regarding the superclasico

16. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol!

Bostero818 repped this.
  17. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So about Lanzini. At this point, no one lets you play at all in Argentina, or America for that matter. Look what some bright flashes of individual brilliance can get you. Dudes become a stud in no time on a quality premier league team

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.