MANU sign another goalkeeper (Re: Howard)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ToasterLeavins, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm... yes. :)

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article also reinforces to me why Beau Dure is one of the best sports writers around (being the best at soccer writing is a given).

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    You are aware of English tax? Or somehting MLS obviously weren't... Man United tax.

Just thought I hsould also add in that in the Tim Howard thread that was going around here a few months back, I told you we would sign a top-drawer keeper to take the #1 spot, and to not be surprised if we signed another keeper on top of that; that it was our biggest need just after a Keane replacement :)() and moreso than a winger, while people here seemed definite we needed a striker. Hate to say I told you so, but...

4. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Does anyone else think the person who should be most worried by this signing isn't Tim Howard but rather Luke Steele?

5. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not worth starting another thread, but ManU had a less than successful game with Howard in the net, losing to the Kashima Antlers 2-1.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4724625.stm

Yeah, I know, another meaningless friendly. But its a long way from shutting down Barcelona two years ago in another meaningless preseason friendly. And again, ManU can't score when TH is in goal.