Mandanda meilleur gardien de L1 et 6 olympiens dans l’équipe-type

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, May 12, 2008.

1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mandanda, Bonnart, Taiwo, Cheyrou, Valbuena, and Niang all got a place in the team of the year, Mandanda was named best keeper in the league, and Valbuena's goal against Caen was named he best of the season.

And this team is in forth! Anyway, although I think it was perhaps a bit excessive, congrats to those players who were recognized.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm not sure Bonnart and Taiwo deserve it.

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taiwo is very good at times, and really bad at others. Bonnart does his job, and is usually pretty decent, but is only in the team because right back is probably a weakness for most teams.

Having more than half the team just seems odd, though.

4. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nancy is an "11 in 1" team. You can't really put Brison, Duchemin or Fortuné in the team of the year.

Bordeaux... Who ? Diarra maybe ? Would you really pick out Bellion, Alonso, Micoud or Diawara ? I only see Cavenaghi worthy of it, but Benz' and Mamad' deserve as well !

So for Lyon, many players were injured or bad for months. Ben Arfa doesn't play anymore since February. Govou, Keita aren't better than Valbuena. Bodmer, Juninho, Kallstrom are irregular. Cris and Boumsong are excellent but since January only, and Coupet since April.

Apart of Hilton who surprised many people, there's nothing to say about this team !