Mancow waterboarded

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Chris M., May 26, 2009.

1. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    He's basically a conservative radio guy who transitioned from wacky morning show guy to pro-war on terror guy a while back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0"]YouTube - Mancow Waterboard[/ame]

He made it about 6 seconds and 3/4 of 1 gallon of water. His conclusion . . . instantaneous sensation of drowning and definitely torture.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me know when Ba Ba Booey gets electrodes strapped to his nuts

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Mancow is no longer a shock jock type?

4. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  5. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    They didn't even do it the right way.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it legal to torture somebody if they agree to it?

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Isn't it obvious that this must have happened already?
    Hannity should offer $20K to the charity of any soldier who waterboards KayO. (voluntarily or otherwise).
    I won't ask you how you know this!
    I think you are on the wrong board! (Or, are you just asking grommit?)

8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I would think so. This is more of a stunt than actual torture, though. He could make them stop whenever he wanted.

9. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Absolutely. And everyone was nice to him before he got on the table and look at his reaction. He wanted to come out of a 30-60 waterboarding and say "that wasn't so bad. I can handle it and so can terrorists" but instead he was pretty freaked by less than 10 seconds of it.

Now imagine some guy deprived of sleep, drug into a room in a hood with people screaming at him and being more aggressive before you even start the waterboarding. Now do it 180 times over a month.

10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I think the point is, JAke, that Hannity said on his show to bolster an argument that waterboarding wasn't so bad, that he'd agree to be waterboarded. But then he doesn't do it. So either Hannity is cowardly, or, the more likely answer, waterboarding IS bad.

Olbermann to my knowledge hasn't claimed that waterboarding isn't so bad.

11. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    With all this fuss and publicity over Waterboarding I'm really afraid some stupid Fraternity or Sports team is going to use it as hazing and possibly mess it up and kill the person.

Or some toughguy whos gonna try set the record for length while being waterboarded is gonna have his friend mess it up in their garage/basement.

12. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    IMO, they're both little bitches & far too strident. Hannity is entitled to his opinion, albeit wrong, & Olbie ought to watch his own network & try to bolster its low ratings.
    Now, if either offered $1Million, I'd hold the other down myself!
    [​IMG]
    Rep to MitH (oops, "must spread some around ...")

14. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't this inevitable?

15. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Stridency doesn't bother me, being little bitches does, and I think olbermann is a little bitch just like hannity. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the fact that hannity said he would be waterboarded for charity to show that it's no big deal., and now won't do it.

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    From my earlier link on dunking: "In 2004, a soldier from the Singapore Guards died from a dunking incident during a Combat Survival Training course".
    I thought the point of waterboarding was to create the illusion of drowning, not the reality. Of course, someone could also die from a heart attack during it.
    Maybe he did already (at home? :D) and it wasn't as much fun as he thought. Or, he doesn't want to muss his hair.

17. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    so if Waterboarding isn't torture, why don't we use that tactic on domestic criminals to get information out of them?

18. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

EDIT: OK, I get that MitH was most likely referring to the claim that only three high-level suspects were waterboarded, and that those three were guys we all pretty much agree with are actual terrorists with blood on their hands.

At least I hope that's why he's being so dismissive. Otherwise, it's a pretty callous response IMHO.

19. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Mr. Ventura! I should have known. :D

1 person likes this.
  20. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me you can differentiate between American citizens and foreign terrorists.

21. Steamer

Steamer New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    I was thinking that waterboarding was too easy, so I'm glad to see that it is a more effective tool to get info.

I say more waterboarding!

22. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Please tell me you can differentiate between the US government and, e.g., the Khmer Rouge. Why is your moral compass so low?

23. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've been over this before on here. But you're telling me that if you knew by waterboarding someone for 30 seconds you could save lives of thousands of people, you wouldn't do it? Letting people die over causing a terrorist discomfort is taking the moral high road?

24. The Gribbler

The Gribbler Member

Jul 14, 1999
    Cedar Hill, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad that's a hypothetical that A) nobody can ever proved happen. B) the general rule of thumb that torturing doesn't get you the info you need, only the info you want.