Manchester Wants Memo!!!

Discussion in 'Club America' started by hereje, Oct 31, 2007.

1. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  2. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wow, how legit is this source. i feel it should be in other sources as well

3. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If this is true, its one of the best news so far. Ochoa will start for sure in Man U.

4. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    don't think so

as good as he is, van der sar has looked amazing this season. well, when he's not been injured.

5. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i thought i heard something about van der saar retirin from international soccer sometime soon, Man U could be lookin for a replacement since van der saar is gettin old

6. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    he retiring from the dutch national team after the euros

he's 37, but still looks really, really good

i could see him still holding top spot for another few seasons

7. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    believe me i've been trying to find another source(esto, esmas, espn, mediotiempo, vefutbol, etc) but ovaciones is the only one at this moment.

just hope it's true.

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like they said during the classico America will only sell him to one of the bigger clubs in Europe.

9. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    In my Football Manager game, Memo was sold to Man U. In my WE game, Memo was sold to Man U.

Someone has to know something.

10. MurdaINC

MurdaINC New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Kansas City
    haha LOL, lets hope it becomes real now

11. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Ovaciones is the WORST place to get a source from, so I doubt this is true at all, unless I read it somewhere else, or if someone from Mexico has their edition of Record and reports it hear then I might believe, but for now...no. Plus Van Der Sar is looking good at the post this season. Do you guys remember Seaman from Arsenal he went to play well into his 40's, Van Der Sar looks like he could be that type of goal keeper.

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well thats good I wish the kid good luck and hopes club america doesn't get greedy and deprive Ochoa of his dreams. Also Ochoa is not short I think he is
    6'0 tall and very flexible. I hope all this true for the good of the Mexican NT

13. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    now that i think of it, i find it hard for a club like Man U with an experienced goalie like van der saar to invest 10 million in a young keeper like Ochoa. I think they would rather grab a no body with some potential for 3-6 million instead. Kinda what happened with the American Howard.

If a Euro club offers atleast 5 million, I think America should let him go as long as the club isnt in Hungary of Ukraine

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hopefully it's true

though during the Clasico, El Perro mentioned that Man U and Arsenal are interested in Memo. either of those teams would be bad ass. imagine Vela and Memo as teamates at Arsenal?!?! :eek:

15. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It better be true!:)

Ochoa would easily beat Van Der Sar, he's to old now! If they sell him, I hope Sir Alex Ferguson no salga con sus mamadas como Hugo and puts Vand Der Sar over Ochoa cause of the "experiencia"

If he was to go to Arsenal, their would be no problem for him to start. Lehmann and Almunia are no competition for Ochoa!

What other teams?

Bayern Munich? Isn't Kahn suppost to retire soon?

As long as he goes to Europe, I'm good:cool:

16. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't usually visit BigSoccer's ghetto, but this is huge news. Ochoa needs to leave. Not only because I'm tired of him doing amazing things against my Chivas, but because he's good enough. One of the few wilas I've ever respected. He's awesome.

17. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    theyve mentioned Arsenal quite a lot, the media here.

18. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

It also says close to the bottom paragraph that Valencia and Sevilla are intrested as well hmm if I were Ochoa the challenge of stopping fast high low balls is in the English premiere league so I would go with Manchester United to or Arsenal to enhance my game seems like in the English league they like to shoot goals from far range something Ochoa needs to work on a little.

19. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Isn't Memo under contract for just one more season? America should sell him for as much as they can but not be pricks about it because he could eventually just leave for free.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I agree with you also their are other goalies in the Mexican league that America can buy with the money they will make off Ochoa

21. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i seriously dont see anyone paying 10 million for Memo right now. Goalies dont sell for big money unless theyre recognized stars. Memo is great, but he's young and hasnt fully established that reputation yet. If he were to go to a team like Arsenal or Man U he would most likely get loaned out to another team. His best bet is a team liek Valencia or Sevilla where they might fork out 5-7 million and he would probably be the starting goalie. I dont think a big English club is in his best interests. America should let him go regardless, as long as the offer is 4 million atleast

22. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    As an America fan, 10 million seems just about right for Memo to leave....BUT I do understand that Goal keepers ususally don't got for big money, especially when he hasn't established himself in Europe. I mean to go for big money you have to have like a Casillas/Buffon status and Memo is not there yet. Valencia just bought VfB's goalie to replace Canizarez (spelling?) so I doubt he'll go to Valencia, maybe Sevilla or another "not so big club." He may not go to a team like Espanyol but I doubt he'll be going to a Madrid/Man U type team...but he does need to get out of mexico.

23. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well let's put it like this.
    Being on the list of the candidates to win the "Golden Ball" sure will help him, especially looking at his age what is he 21? just turned 22? ... anyhow people will be like "whoa" wait a minute, let's look up this Mexican Goalie, so they'll find very good info on him, and find out that the kid plays by himself, without a defense, and whoa that's something. LOL

24. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006