Manchester United News

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Johnny comes marching down the wing, O'Shea O'shea

The MEN (Manchester Evening News) report that John O’Shea is to be offered a new deal in the summer. The young defender has started 39 games this season and United will apparently reward this progress with a new contract. O’Shea is currently earning £10’000 a week, the new deal will offer him around £35’000.

2. ggmanutd

ggmanutd New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    o shea staying and siging anew deal is good,, hope barthez doesnt leave,,

3. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    you hope barthez doesnt leave-------

hes pathetic---couldve saved 3 out of the 6 goals real scored easily --the ball passed right by him......

barthez is garbage

4. ggmanutd

ggmanutd New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    there are so many times he has bailed us out,,, if we had lost that game against liverpool when barthez made that spectacular save aginst haman who knows where we would have been in the table. that was such a crucial game too. if you think he is such garbage,, try filling his shoes. lets see how many goals you let past your goal.

5. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think the main thing with barthez...well..at least MY main thing with barthez, is pretty much based on what you said.

He can be absolutley brilliant at times, but he can also be a complete train wreck. We cant have a goalkeeper sitting behind the rest of our players that doesnt have the the slightest tinge on consistancy. why? because it spreads to everyone else on the pitch.

i guarantee we would have won the title one week earlier had berthez not been in goal, and someone consistantly solid was.

but, hey....that just my opinon.

6. The Loon

The Loon New Member

May 2, 2003
    Montreal
    not a very good opinion. "would have won it a week earlier without him"????? how do you figure?

Other than 1 loss in the champions league, Barthez and The United defence have been great for many months - their Premiership form has been brilliant.

but, 3 goals in 1 game (the Real return leg - 2 goals that possibly couldnt be stopped by anyone) and you want him out.

Every goaltender has bad games. Barthez is no exception. But Barthez hs FAR from a bad netminder.

I would guess that your "opinion" also includes Rio being a bad deal, Brown not being flashy enough and Sylvestre being past his best....

But remember, WITH Barthez, United had the BEST defensive record overall in the EPL this season. WITH Barthez in the lineup, they have grabbed 42 of 48 points in the run to the title.

If you were refering to the beginning of the season, when the defense struggled then I ask you to remember that United also had 6 of 11 regulars out recovering from surgery! Keane, Beckham, Butt, Neville, Veron, Scholes ...

I for one, hope that Barthez stays with United. But I would not be adverse to having Robinson join United to share the duties.

The Loon

7. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't agree more readily. For those of us who have been here a while, Schmeichel gave up the more than occaisional howler too (his kicking game was horrible at times), but at the end of the season, more often than not, we sat atop the league. The Great Dane was also a "nut job", and so is Barthez, but they have the right mentality to play for a biggest club in the world. Robinson isn't going anywhere with Leeds staying up. I wouldn't mind seeing a Yank with United. Take your pick!

8. The Loon

The Loon New Member

May 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Schmeicle is the man. Did it for years at United, and still turning in stellar performances at City - It's a real shame he has chosen to retire. He's still quality.

You may be right about Robinson, but Leeds will have to unload 2 possibly 3 top players. And if I were Mr. (insert future managers name here) , I would rather keep Vidouka, Kewel and Smith as I'm sure there will be a number of keepers on the transfer market this year to replace a Robinson sale.

I couldnt possibly see Kellar in a United uniform - I just dont rate him enough to play in the chanpions league. Friedel would have made sense a few years ago, but I really cant see it now - I also cant believe Souness would survive fan backlash from selling him.

9. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And the winner is..................................

Cant see Friedel coming to United. Most likley is Rustu or Robinson. Strong rumour here link Robinson to United. Saints keeper also linked.

So who is the winner??

We will find out in the summer.

Fun this speculation lark isnt it?

10. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ruud sticking with Man Utd

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I was watching the Spain-Ecuador friendly on FSW, and Bretos said according to FSW's source's, Beckham is definitley heading to Madrid for 45 million pounds. This is just what I heard.

12. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
  13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm certainly convinced. :rolleyes:

14. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    he did say that he would be staying, besides 45 mill would be too much for him. maybe about 30 if you really want to push it, but not more than that.

15. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    he is staying at MAN U

this rumor is dead

real needs to get some defenders
    real madrid 2003 best team w/o silverware

hahahahaahahah

16. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Wes Brown will have to wait for more than a month to have major knee surgery, meaning that his comeback is now on hold until next year. Brown's knee is still swollen from the ruptured cruciate ligament injury he picked up in the last game of the Premiership season against Everton, and the England defender has been sent on holiday for a few weeks by United before the surgery, which is booked in for the middle of July. His recovery could take up to five months.'

18. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    wes brown looks list on the field--still young
    but manchester should bring back

JAP STAAM

the backline would be like this

O'SHEA STAM FERDINAND SILVESTRE

19. Nor Raist

Nor Raist New Member

May 29, 2003
    NJ
  20. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. The Loon

The Loon New Member

May 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Ronaldinho to wear the red

well, report have it that Kenyan finally signed the buck toothed brazillian. He's ugly as sin but a quality player.

People may view this as a sign of Beckham impending move - but the players actually play on different sides (rh & lh).

I still think Becks could be going, but I dont see the Ronaldhino signing being the harbringer.

I wonder if the United Super Store will be selling a set of fake teeth with each Ronaldinho shirt they sell?

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ronaldinho to wear the red

They already have 2.3 million in stock, as they had anticipated Luke Chadwick to be a star.

23. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Isn't there anyone else interested in Baldy?

Barthez pledges future to Man Utd

24. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    O'Shea set to sign new deal