Manchester United January '05 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Kavster, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    right and when they are out of form sell them cheaply and get another four. :rolleyes:

2. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i cant help to chuckle when i think how close you were to getting Ronaldinho b4 he went to Barca...heheheh
    he'd be raping defences owning everything

3. manc_sean

manc_sean Red Card

Aug 27, 2004
    Manchester
    Lampard's overrated, Gerrard's a dirty, SWP is a dirty inbred and Downing is yet to prove himself.

So, no.

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    and i still dont understand why your rep is so bad

5. mtkstriker

mtkstriker New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Montauk,New York
    Landon Donovan

6. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    that's ********ing great lol

7. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Lampard has a fat ass and cant run. We don't need an imp running down the wing either in SWP

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    an imp who has scored more than either of our wingers in the past 2 seasons.

Oh, and by the way... Lampard is the most efficient midfielder in the EPL... the only player I would rather have in midfield is Xabi Alonso.

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Xavi Alonso's long balls are so brilliant
    whether its a half field kick that lands at the foot of the striker or a shot from inside the half
    they go where he wants and his passing is good too

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't want to sound to ignorant here, but as I understand it, isn't Man Utd over budget for this transfer period due to the deal with Rooney?

That said, who will SAF send packing to make room for any new players?

11. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Are midfield at the moment:

Ronaldo - sometimes good sometimes bad
    Keane - ancient
    Scholes - isnt good enough any more, doesnt do anything
    Giggs - has lost it

I really dont like our midfield at moment. Get 2 new center midfielders and a left winger.

Lampard and Gererd we have no chance in getting. Who else is there? No one!

Yes just imagen if had got Ronaliniho and Robben.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Your analysis is nonsense...

Ronaldo is a great player in the making and does alot for this team... had he had a bit more luck with posts and shots just missing the target he might have 5 goals already... a winger looks about as good as his strikers perform... if they dont finish chances he creates then he just looks average.

Giggs has been the most consistent player for United this year bar none... he has not been stellar, but he has been good throughout...

Scholes has been horrid this year so far, but he had been playing injured and suffered a loss of form... he will be back again.

Keane - no longer a great CM but all we need is a fairly competent DM infront of our great defense to do well... yes we conceeded 2 to Pompey, but had our strikers finished the chances they were given we would have had a lead and would have not been stretched out in attack.

who is this gererd you speak of? I have never heard of him...

Who is out there? Well, lets see... D'Allessandro could fill Giggs and Scholes' shoes soon if not now. Rossícky could add some creativity to our attack as well. There is Lahm, Joaquin and Hargreeves and a host of other young players who could add much to this team - but as someone already said... lets give this unit some time to work together before we say they are crap. They need time to gel.

13. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Yes, I can. Teams would be tearing us apart on the left side of the pitch.

14. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    He should go to Real so he Beckham can model underwear together.
    :p

15. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    I really dont know whta it is that makes you guys hate DjDj so much...At the start of the season, he was winning evrey 50-50 tackle, he looked assured on the ball, all his passes were completed. I really think he can step into Keane's boots.

He's only what, 23?! It'll take 1 more season i think (at most) for him to settle in fully. Just look at Edu, he's a prime examplke of someone coming from outside England and settling down, AFTER HE WAS GIVEN ENOUGH TIME. Granted, Eric came from across the channel, but if we stick with him, he might become exactly what we're looking for.

On the other hand, if we need an immediate replacement for Keane, we need to buy. I don't trust Hargreaves, seems like he can hack it in the Bundesliga, but the EPL is more physical, and i can see elements of Klebs' syndrome in him.

On the note of who to oust, i vote Fletch and Klebs. Surely someone Italy could use Klebs, maybe Milan want to add to their Brazilian contingency...i dunno...

The funds brought in by those two should be used to buy Seba Frey. He's been consistent in Italy with Parma, and he's been linked with virtually every big club in Europe, we really need to invest in a world-class, PROVEN keeper. Fergie has to cut the "he has ptential" crap, and start buying for now...!

16. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    If United could get their hands on Casillas (sp? dont feel like checking) it be great for them, look at how well hes done for RM and their defense pales in comparison to what United have.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :confused: Lahm's a left back. Even if you could afford his buyout clause, Joaquin's a right winger, and must play there. You've got one of those. Hargreaves, I think, would actually be a good pickup for you, to play as a defensive presence. He's improved his game going forward too.
    Rosicky might be too small for the EPL, and D'Alessandro's not a winger - he can't replace Giggs.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Last year this'd have been the point where I'd offer to swap him for Winston Bogarde. :p

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Help me out then... the LW on his team... I always get confused... the guy I am thinking about is technically sound if sometimes lacking invention and a good crosser and has pace...

In case you have not noticed Ronaldo plays LW very well, perhaps better than on the right because it makes his shooting when he cuts in more effective. For Portugal he plays both wings and for United SAF has begun to swap him and Giggs around in almost every match... Ronaldo is as comfortable on the left as he is on the right.

Ronaldo was not a winger when he came to United... he played a similar role to D'Allesandro and trust me... we don't need 2 traditional wingers... once one of them is a good crosser and can give us width we just need steady production pinpoint passing and creativity from the other... D'Allesandro is magical... such quick feet, deft passes and wonderful vision.

20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    If we wanted a left winger, surely we should look at Stuart Downing. Fantastic young player he is, classic non selfish left winger, with a deadly cross.

We may have to sell to get him though so here's some candidates for the sack:

Darren Fletcher: Too much of an 'in between' player. Not all that good defending, not all that good attacking either.

Ricardo the goalkeeper

Silvestre:Just needs to go, no time for sentiments, he just can't keep on costing us. For every good performance he makes like 3 match deciding mistakes.

----------------------------
    It's time we stop wallowing in our past lineups and success, and build the foundations for a good team. In my opinion, this would be my ideal formation:

-----------RVN-------------
    ----------------Rooney

--Downing-----Kleberson-------C.Ronaldo
    --------------DJ-DJ---------------------

--Heinze----Brown----Ferdinand---G.Neville

-------------Howard/Carroll---------

GK: Undecided yet, may go either way
    DR:Gaz holds his position, in his best years atm
    DRC:No questions here, this is his spot.
    DLC:Brown deserves a longer run in the team
    DL:Solid, just what we need.

ML:Young, exciting prospect, great crosser, good dribbler, does his defensive duties as well.

MC:Klebs. Has a touch of class, great passer, can hold up the ball. Scholes on the down I'm afraid. With him we lose a bit of that ghosting play, but we get a pacier, younger, equally good passer and better crosser.

MR:Ronaldo. Nuff said

DM:Because of his lack of pace, I would put him in front of the defense and then have him stroll up the field, connecting play between defense and attack. If he can improve his passing, he can be very good. He has a cool touch, can win the ball and is strong. Just needs to work on his athleticism and calmness.

FR:Rooney. Can come back deep and play the ball, but a deadly finisher as well. Should link up well with Ruud.

ST:Ruud. Hopefully he can have more chances to get onto and score with.

Just my 2 cents.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ze Roberto? I'm not entirely sure who you're thinking of. If you give me the league/team I might be able to help you out. :p
    If we don't get Gerrard this summer (and we're definitely going to make a push for him) I think we might look at Juninho Pernambucano, who might be someone else you're thinking of, although he plays more on the right in a diamond formation. (With Ze Roberto on the left of the diamond for Brazil.)

He can't really cross from there.

His crossing from the left is still quite poor.

I actually don't rate D'Alessandro all that highly, but OK. I think he's a poor man's Aimar, not that its that bad.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I meant on Lahm's team... sorry... thought that was clear... is it Tiffert?

You have not seen enough of him on the left me thinks.

to limit him to just crossing would be a waste of his talent.

Oh well, u are luke warm on a lot of players... I happen to think Andres is sick.

23. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Yes we need Downing quick.

24. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    We should have flogged Giggs to Inter a while ago. Problem I think we Fergie is he has to much Bo-respecta for the 92 players. Bout time they gave ngulalalalala a chance and Eagles.

25. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City