Manchester United January '05 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Kavster, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Re: January Transfer Thread

You do realizet that Gattuso had "Rosseneri" tatooed onto his heart by doctors, right? :)

2. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004

next they gonna be opening contract talks with Bellion

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

Yes, the same way I just robbed someone on eBay by offering to pay more for an item. :rolleyes:
    Christ that's stupid.

4. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester

Good thing Brown is staying.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We're rumoured to be offering Iker Casillas 4 times his Real Madrid salary in a cheeky move....

...but it's from The Sun, so....

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

So Fergie just has to mold him abit... Ronaldo was highly criticised when he first came... I am not saying this guy will start scoring goals at will for England but all we need from him is pace, crossing work ethic and fairly decent passing... its not like he would be expensive or anything.

Although if he is as suspect as you say he is then it might be better to give Rossi a shot.

7. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles

Just a question, how much of a transfer budget do we have for Januray? i know part of this years warchest was used for the Rooney transfer. So less amounts can pretty much rull out already suspect deals like the Iker deal :rolleyes:

As for Defensive midfielder, Phil neville did a good job...again!...against Arse. Though i think we need a solid performer here for the long term, for now Phil should get more starts. I really think another winger to compete with Giggs and Ronaldo is key though.

8. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa

I would hope we don't need to buy anyone in the transfer window, if we can develop Rossi a little more, then we can always have him on the left as a sub for giggs and Ronaldo on the right, and then when Ronaldo needs a break, put giggs on the right and rossi on the left

9. manc_sean

manc_sean Red Card

Aug 27, 2004
    Manchester
    I have it on good authority that Frey is pretty much our only target this January.

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United could surprise us and bring in somebody in January, but I think it's more likely we might sell on some of the dead wood to build up some transfer cash for the Summer.

There's always the "cup-tied in Europe" thing that Fergie believes in so much, so that handcuffs us a bit considering the quality we would be bringing in anyways....

11. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Could even Fergie really believe we have a great chance in the CL this year?

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as Rio, Neville, Heinze, Giggs, Scholes, Ruud, Ronaldo, Smith and Rooney are healthy, why not? If all we need is an extra player in central midfield or keeper, why would he ignore his cup tied policy?

13. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    We need to flog the flops and find some general in the middle, and get a flying winger, not duff.

14. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

I wouldn't say that just yet. He hasn't signed a new contract yet.

15. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    So who may be sold come January?

Dj2?
    Kleberson?
    Fortune?
    Bellion?
    Richardson?
    Brown?
    O'Shea?
    Fletcher?
    Howard?

16. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Kleberson is the crappest world cup winner ive ever seen. Ok flashes of brilliance but in the physical nature of the epl this guy is tom thumb.

17. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    I'd sell Kleberson and probably Fortune too if Richardson can prove to be ready to step up as Giggs understudy.

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All of this blasphemy... the KFC shall be signing death warrants soon and trust me... our strikers are lethal!

19. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I can't see us selling any of our "established" first teamers - they (a) can't bring us any money (who's spending on DjDj?), and (b) are needed for depth.

If we sell anyone, I'd assume it would be some of our up and coming strikers (Ebanks-Blake to avoid paying the extra fees, for example), or our deep midfielders (Keiron possibly?). We could actually get interest world-wode from those two.

And there's no way I'd sell Fortune of J'Osh - too valuable! They can cover backs and midfielders so well - same with Phil. You need guys like that...

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sell Silvestre. At this point, I'd PAY somebody to take him off our hands.

21. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    He had one hell of a BAD game today didn't he...jesus nearly gave me a heart attack...and i'm 14

22. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed.

23. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sell them all and let's just start over... :mad:

What was SAF thinking NOT playing Keano! We're coming out of one of the biggest games of the season (letdown looming on the horizon). Put Keane in the game to kick the crap out of anything in blue as well as give the boys in red an earfull for not performing.

I still have hope (faint glimmer at the end of the tunnell) but we can't give away points. Changes must be made, not sure what but something must be done!

24. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    If Klebs is not up for the Keano-replacing cut, buy the CM who is.

25. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    We should buy Lampard, Gerrerd, Downing, Wright-Phillips. A whole new midfield - we need it.

Players who are doing well in prem at mo.