Manchester United Goalscorers and Assisters 07/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United: History' started by Dark Savante, Sep 25, 2007.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd like our boy to go down in history as one of the greats. It seems no matter what he does he can't catch a break. I mean for goodness sake 42 goals in 47 matches. That's retarded.

In fact, I'm not even going to debate people on Ronaldo anymore. I'm just going to post 42/47 and 8/11 for the CL.

Those are just retarded numbers. I think Ronaldo's even numbed United fans with this performance. Sure we respect the goal total and all that but do we really fathom what its like for a WF to put together that type of season?

How many strikers have got above 40 goals from Serie A, EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga?

2. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yup. Lord knows we'll turn into those God-awful Real Madrid fans who constantly lurk amongst other fans, waiting to pounce on anyone who dares to talk about their team.

3. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of the issue is that a lot of his supporters act like any criticism is unwarranted. Any time that this happens, be it with regards to a player or a team, there is going to be backlash. Ronaldo just completed a great season, but not a perfect one.

4. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Wasn't this said last season too?? There is no telling where he will end up at or what kind of player will he end up as.

As billy rightly said in some other thread, there is no other player I have seen who has such a continuous desire to improve himself and be the best in the world.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As a fan, I understand critiquing a particular performance but on the whole I'd just as soon shut up and enjoy.

6. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all due respect and love, Johno, I don't see you ever shutting up. (Nor do I think you should.)

7. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If we get a proper striker he won't have to score more then 25.

8. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    IF we get the correct striker, i.e one who plays and blends perfectly into our current mold, I don't think he will be any kind of inhibitor for Ronaldo as long as he doesn't take FK's and PK's.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think it is just natural. It will keep him on the wing more. I think the days of him pausing in the middle would be gone for the most part. Also the ability to make a cross to someone that can get their job done just changes things. He'll think cross first again.

10. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Season's over.

Moving to history forum for future reference and statistical data for anyone who needs it.

11. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Does anyone have a breakdown of Ronaldo's 41 goals this season? How many came from open play and how many from set pieces?

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
  14. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
  15. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Comprehensive enough? :D

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are we counting Portuguese Internationals progress in Euro2008 in this thread as well or?