Manchester United Goalscorers and Assisters 07/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United: History' started by Dark Savante, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I love how they have to call off the bet in November. Sir Alex's hair was in fear.

2. ronaldokaka

ronaldokaka New Member

May 8, 2008
    Vancouver
    wow the goal scoring of ronaldo is exceptional ...40 goals in a little of 50 games for a winger....

3. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a winger. This is a recording.

4. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He meant to say whinger, or whiner. Still, pretty impressive for him to come out of pout and score those goals for us.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Well, that's all folks!

Champions of England
    Champions of Europe

Wes Brown being our joint top assister in Europe! :eek:

Cristiano Ronaldo scoring 42 goals in 47 games(iirc?) :eek:

What a season and what a set of rewards!

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    With the start we had, with the injuries and lack of fitness in certain key players...I never imagined in my wildest dreams it'd finish like this. This isn't even the best this team could do, but they still pulled through. I'm just savoring this moment right now and I look forward to see how we continue to develop.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Ronaldo has as many goals as our 3 strikers combined. Hopefully, next season, we won't be as dependent on him for goals.

8. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    How the hell do you follow a season where you've scored 42 goals? :confused: :confused:

Oh, and if he wins Euro '08 this year, could this 07/08 season be a contender for one of the greatest individual seasons in modern times or is that too hyperbolic?

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is he not the European Golden Boot winner as well? He has every trophy coming to him and it is so well deserved.

10. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You simply cannot argue about the tally. It's groundbreaking given he is not a striker. Certainly something that is amazing in modern times.

He can improve, maybe not in terms of tally, but ...ah, you know.

If he wins the Euros he's going to push himself up a level, for certain.

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If he wins the Euros he will stop running on the ground and proceed to float.

Stupendous numbers from a 1 trick pony fancy dan with no end product. I wish I could stick this in the face of all the assholes who hated on him in the past. So happy for Ronnie and United.

I laughed at the goal tallies when the put up United's all time single season scoring leaders in Law and Ruud. 2 of the most prolific 9s to play at the club who were deadly in front of goal being challenged by a wideman.

Anyone have an idea how many headers that is for Ronaldo this year?

I've not said it but what a fcuking header. Amazing leap and perfect placement.

12. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    My prediction is that next season he will finally break Ruud's record, but not Law's. But he will double, maybe triple his assist rate, and probably break every record on United's book.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He is not a god?

14. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Dunno if I've said this before, but it seems like his aerial ability really comes to the fore in the 'big' games. Off the top of my head, I can recall the FA cup final in his debut season, Milan, Roma, Liverpool and now, Chelsea. It really adds another dimension to his game. Even the penalty he won against Barca was from a header of his.

You'd have to be one hell of a FB to read all his tricks and flicks, keep up with him and tackle him at full pace and make him obsolete in the air. Ronaldo must be a nightmare to mark.

Oh and OTOH, he's scored around 5 headers this season. (Sporting, Roma, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham)

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There are pictures of how high he got. I think I saw Ronaldo's foot around Essiens waist...

16. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I think his finishing is far from finished so I think in his career he will beat that record in the future. He's missed a good number of goals and we can all admit his finishing can get better. Hell the improvement is therer for some to see.

17. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    weed can do that to you.

18. eliostar1

eliostar1 Member

Feb 25, 2008

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah

20. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I honestly cant see him surpassing 42. He might get close next season, but some of the stuff he accidently pulled off this season were one time things.

Like the back heel goal, the one that fell right to his knee, Newcastle being Newcastle, and some of the free kicks.

He can probabaly get 40 or so again, but I would expect his assist tally to grow, and to just become an overall better player.

21. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a quote from Ronaldo from yesterday or today in which he says something to the effect that he may only score 20 or 25 goals next season but play better. I wonder if some can wrap their heads around that.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm almost at the stage now where I'd take bets that if Ronaldo's goal tally dropped to 20 but he scored a double against Liverpool, Arse and one against Chelsea as well as a few goals in the CL the retort will be. "He's not consistent."

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not acceptable. Sell him.

Actually I'll be much happier if he does just that. I don't even care if he scores half the goals he's scored this season, as long as he improves elsewhere. Really, goals for him should not and probably will never again be a problem for him in his career.

24. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why should you care what the idiots say?

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd be fine with his goal tally dropping if his overall play goes up that next notch. I happen to think he's peaked in terms of goal numbers.