Manchester City vs. Swansea - [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Aug 15, 2011.

1. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    0-0 at 40 minutes.

Swansea goal is living a charmed life, how we haven't been 2, or 3-0 up .. looking very good anyway.

2. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dzeko in the 60th, poachers goal.

1-0.

Aguero has come on in tandem with Dzeko and looks fantastic.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wahey, Aguero involved in two goals!

3-0.

Another easy finish after some classy build-up play where Micah drilled it across the five-yard box, and then the ridiculous. Chips the keeper, flicks it back to Silva when almost over the line for a goal-kick, and a beautiful volley from the Spaniard :D

4. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh boy was it fun to watch that game and remember the past.

Remember when we thought Bernado Corradi was going to be big? Or Georgios Samaras?

Heh.

5. Steezy

Steezy Member

Jun 26, 2009
    City of Angels
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy how well Aguero adapted to the team already!

6. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swansea or not, that was one hell of a thirty minute introduction to the league.

7. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    highlights, I need highlights.

I know it will be on MCFC web site tomorrow but I can't wait.

Highlights anyone?

8. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

here you go

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_7QNCZTB1Y"]Manchester City vs Swansea 4-0 All Goals Barclays League 2011/08/15 - YouTube[/ame]

I hope Tevez stays

9. cRodz42

cRodz42 New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Newark
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aguero did amazing.

I managed to see the game at the last minutes and the first goal i saw was Aguero's.
    However, what impressed me the most was how he managed to put that ball back in play and assist Silva.
    Wow.

No offense, but i wanted Aguero + Messi partnership in Barca but it did not happen so i guess i would enjoy watching him in City

10. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Tevez staying would make Dzeko & Aguero play worse. The Silva, Dzeko, Aguero tandem was gorgeous, Tevez would only ruin that imo. Aguero does everything Tevez does, but the guy still knows how to pass and when not to be selfish. Even Messi has a tough time scoring goals playing next to Tevez in the Argentine national team. After some of the comments Tevez has made in the media & wanting so badly to run as far away from City as he can, I think it's best to just ******** off with him and let Aguero, Silva, & Dzeko do some damage up front.

11. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was in Block 102 today and the buzz for Aguero was immense, definitely the birth of a new hero - Tevez will be quickly forgotten if he leaves. Aguero, Silva, and Dzeko were all stunning, I'm actually most happy for Dzeko who had a very unlucky start in England but now keeps scoring and is looking stronger, faster, and more confident.

We started a bit slow but by half-time should have had at least two goals, having hit the bar twice. The second half was a joy to watch and Kun's magical 91st minute goal should be a lesson to the people who rush out of the stadium in injury time to beat the traffic to stay and support the team till the final whistle! :p

12. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    This vision is slowly coming together. Aguero compliments Dzeko beautifully. Each of them adds a different dimension to City's attack. Dzeko does well receiving the ball, drawing defenders, and opening space for Kun. Aguero creates his own space at times, runs well with the ball, and makes intelligent passes.

This could be a wonderful partnership.

13. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to work late, so I've only made to around the 60 minute mark, but it only took me a couple minutes to think of Aguero, "this guy could be a hell of a lot of fun.

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Aguero was amazing, almost a perfect fit to Silva and Dzeko. It was an odd game, a lot of expectation at first, then some frustration, then just pure ecstasy ;)

15. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what was the best part of the match for me. The very beginning: "The FA Cup winning Manchester City takes on Swansea"

16. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Next year, we shall have the choice of League Winner, FA Cup Winner, Carling Cup Winner. I will leave out European Champions for now because I don't want to get carried away.

17. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dzeko, Aguero, and Silva look good together. I can only imagine if Nasri is thrown into that mix.