Manchester City vs Manchester United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by AussieLFCfan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hope you don't mind me starting this thread, I was eager to say.......I hope you guys smash the scum!!!

Good luck, you guys look good so far this season. :)

2. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People are coming out of the woodwork! Thanks mate, I think I can speak for everyone here in saying this is a breath of fresh air.

3. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    I can still remember the days when my club team wore City Kits in 2001 and when we would go to tournaments people would say "Sweet jerseys, what team are they of?" and after we told them 'Manchester City', they would be like, don't you mean United? (idiots). I can't remember a single person in CA recognizing our shirts, or City, and now I can sit at a bar and hear "Oh, City fan... things are lookin' up for you now, kill United!"

:)

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mate, last year we were struggling to get game threads up, and only the Derby would get more than 20 posts. There was basically about 3 or 4 mainstay's and a rotation of others that would come in. This is amazing.

5. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

[​IMG] Vs [​IMG]
    @Eastlands
    Saturday, 18 August
    Kick-off: 1330 BST

Team news to follow later.

BIG-MATCH FACTS

The 148th competitive Manchester derby, 137th in the league and 21st in the Premier League is the most eagerly anticipated in years.

It throws up a tactical battle between the most recently appointed Premier League manager in the Sven-Goran Eriksson and the longest serving in Sir Alex Ferguson.

City have made their best start ever to a Premier League season, and United their worst since 1998. Indeed the Red Devils have not won a league game since the last Manchester derby at Eastlands on 5 May.

In beating West Ham (a) and Derby (h), City have a tremendous platform to improve of their previous best of seven points from the first three games of a Premier League campaign.

Despite being held at home by Reading and away to Portsmouth, and being four points behind Chelsea, there is no panic at Old Trafford. In 1998, they famously went on from a poor start to clinch the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League treble.

City are superior to United by four points and 10 places in the embryonic Premier League table. They last went into a derby clash higher in the table than their deadly rivals on 10 September 2005 at Old Trafford when they were second and United fourth, and the spoils were shared in a 1-1 draw.

City scored their first home goal since New Years Day on Wednesday, while Paul Scholes' historic strike at Portsmouth was United's first from open play in five Premier League matches since 28 April. ​

KEY PLAYER NOTES

MANCHESTER CITY
    Ins and Outs

Rolando BIANCHI, GEOVANNI and Michael JOHNSON have each scored one of City's three goals to date.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Ins and Outs

Paul SCHOLES has netted United's only Premier League goal so far. His strike at Portsmouth gave him the record outright as Manchester United's highest scorer of Premier League goals. He has netted 96, beating Ruud van Nistelrooy's total of 95. Ryan GIGGS has scored 93 times in the Premier League.

GIGGS is a double short of 100 career League goals.

If on the field from the outset:-

Gary NEVILLE will be making his 350th Premier League start - all for the Red Devils.

John O'SHEA will be making his 200th start for Manchester United.

Suspended:-

RONALDO (three matches) (HOW SWEET !!! :D)

HEAD TO HEAD

The winner of the Manchester league derby at City has alternated in the last four years. The Citizens must win this time if that pattern is to continue.

United have won four times as many Manchester Premier League derbies as City.

The Red Devils completed the double over their rivals last season.

Home and away
    League (inc PL): Man City 35 wins, Man Utd 53, Draws 48
    Prem: Man City 3 wins, Man Utd 12, Draws 5

at Man City only
    League (inc PL): Man City 21 wins, Man Utd 24, Draws 23
    Prem: Man City 3 wins, Man Utd 6, Draws 1 ​

6. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good Luck to City! If you guys win, do you sing: "Are you United in disguise"? lol What chants you got for them?

7. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on City beat the scum. Everyone around here always asks who I support in the EPL, honestly I never really had a specific team in the EPL until last year when I chose City come on lads beat those United scumbags. :D

8. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [youtube]DBHj1fRn3wo[/youtube]

9. frednmethod

frednmethod Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This has to be the most anticipated Manchester derby ever! :)

10. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha, as one of those 3 or 4 mainstays, I can appreciate what you're saying. It's nice to be able to get some conversations flowing back and forth.

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember 5 months ago, when relegation was the only things on Manchester City supporters mind. Now we have an amazing opportunity in front of us, and it's actually tough to fathom considering at times last year I thought we'd be playing in the coca-cola. Amazing what a new owner, new coach, and for the most part a new team can do for you. WE ARE NOT REALLY HERE!!

12. indy12345

indy12345 New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    The independent will have a big interview with Richard Dunne tommorrow

13. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And no Ronaldo makes it even sweeter. Too bad our boys won't have anyone to stomp on, well maybe Ferdinand. I am in a fiesty mood for this one. After years of United bandwagoners taunting me after a City loss, all those feelings are coming back up to the surface. If we win, I cannot be held accountable for my actions, I will be drunk with ecstasy. I may just hop on a jet fly to Manchester and drop kick Fergie myself. You guys who are there, REPRESENT, and I know you will! Come on CITY!

14. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Come on City!

If you guys haven't realized it by now, you have lots of support Sunday.

15. Brava Rookie

Brava Rookie Member

Oct 4, 2005
    VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to make it all the better.... MY SHIRT ARRIVED TODAY! This has to be a good sign.

16. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Man City shirts do any of you know where I can get the black away shirt from 06/07. I would love to add that shirt to my collection.

17. joniebee

joniebee Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Nice one mate,I must say its great to see support from people all over the world,Who support other teams,The hatred of Utd brings great joy to me and for once im looking forward to playing them,I feel really confident that we can beat the shit out of them,And the best thing is that even if they beat us they will still be behind us in the early season table,Buzzin.

18. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry boys I would have been here had I known the site existed! Lets just get stronger from here. I can't believe its only Friday!

19. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    I've got the game set for record! At exactly the same time as kickoff, I'll be setting off in a plane to go to Canada. A bit annoying cos I'll have to wait 8 hours plus to find out the result and I'll be nervous on the plane! Come on City, we've gotta show what we're really made of in this match and there wouldn't be a better time to beat the scum. The main thing is to defend well and we can build from there, even without Tranaldo or Rooney they will be a threat at goal but Dunne and Micah in the centre of defence should be solid again. I'd go with the same team that we've had over the last couple of games.

Delle Alpi - Look here: http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=23_244&products_id=4297 or http://www.uksoccershop.com/products/3749.html I've never used these websites before but these links came up when I did a quick search over the internet!

20. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    This board has gone mental in activity over the last few months! Its incredible but nice to talk to more City fans!

21. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Beat the scum boys.

GO CITY

22. livahpool

livahpool New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Seattle
    Fellow Livahpool fan echoing your sentiments!

C'mon MCFC, take down the Red Devil scum.

They have Man U Hater scarves at www.ruffneckwear.com

23. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    No Ronaldo and Rooney, their 2 best players. We'll beat them for sure.

Prediction: 2-0

In Sven we trust.

24. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Everyone 'kick' this thread so we can get it to the main page and start a much broader discussion before the derby.

25. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    Its been kicked... I just want to be higher than ManYoo on the main page.