ManagerZone!

Discussion in 'Games' started by jd6885, Aug 1, 2002.

1. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, ManagerZone is a swedish internet game just released in English. The Season starts on the 10th of August and I wanted some of you guys to join. Right now people are just having friendlies and challenging each other. It's a real cool game where you are the head of a Football club and run everything from the Training of players to the stadium! Please come it's free! I want our BigSoccer boys to beat these OTF lads! :D

http://www1.managerzone.com/?p=start

2. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm...

I just spent a crapload of time getting my team set up. It looks like it could be an interesting game, but if I find it's really involved and takes too much time, I don't know that it's cool enough to convert me from Hattrick, WES, or IAG. But we'll see.

Nick

3. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a blast with my very first match today! I won 2-1 of course :D its soo cool i like how you can fix up your stadium and stuff and watch your matches live with the matchtracker. soon they will even have the match shown with graphics!! feel free to challenge me.. my stadium is being expanded so you'll need the home match to get ticket$ dangit i only got 324 people in my first match, but thats ok cuz i didnt build anything. I only had standing room with no seating, no hotdog stand or PUB!! lol no wonder. well, with the stadium improvements i hope i can bring in 5500 cuz thats how many seats im building.

my team is Blue Ash FC and my name is goparlow if you wanna challenge me. I just started yesterday so we'll be an even match :) good luck with the game!

4. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Hey, Blue Ash, that was me that challenged ya (Indy Racing).

You know if these are our local times, or Sweden times?

5. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on which timezone you registered as. All the times you see in the game are your time.

Ok, we got 3 BigSoccer people... we gotta beat OTF!

6. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when you do join, go to Sportsbar, then Questions and answers under the english forums and to the thread "How did you find MZ" and say you found it on BigSoccer baby!!

let's show OTF who's king of football games!!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....:D

7. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mundial, whats your name in the game? maybe we can arrange a friendly some time

8. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright, 32 more minutes till our match Elwood :D I got my arsed kicked this morning by a swede 3-0 away. i guess i shouldn't have taken on the vets just yet on my third day lol. And I'm booked till the 8th with swedish teams! yikes! Anyways, I hope there isnt a fatigue thing cuz i just played this morning...

Good luck!

oh just to let you know if you didnt already, u can watch the match live by clicking on the ball when its time for the match. I almost forgot my very first game

9. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    good match, I think (well, I won, so of course I thought it was good!).

I read somewhere that a player shouldn't play more than 1 match a day, so if you had guys playing their 2nd match, maybe that's bad.

I have 2 matches on the 6th, 7th and 8th lined up, but I can't find anyone free between now and then.

If anyone wants to challenge me (Indy Racing Athletic), feel free to. I'd love to play a few more matches.

10. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Just registered and checking it out now. I love how you can make your own kits.

11. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    What's WES? Thanks.

12. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    World Elite Soccer (www.worldelitesoccer.com)

I have a team there (as well as in Hattrick, Itsagoal and now MangerZone).

I'd say WES isn't all that exciting. A bit too many numbers. Now that might sound weird, seeing as how I like Champ Manager, and WES doesn't have as many stats as CM, but WES just seems (to me) to be missing the 'fun' factor, which, of course, is impossible to define.

I do still keep my team, even though I don't really try, simply because the designers of WES are good guys and constantly improving the game. At one point there was like a 3 month waiting list, so I don't want to risk losing my team, finding out something VERY cool has been added (2 ICQ buddies who I got started on Hattrick also play WES, and seem to really like it, and they inform me of different developments), but that I have to re-apply for a team (Beijing is my team, btw).

Itsagoal (I know there was no question about it) seems to have the potential to be fun, if they can sort out the league structure. I started in March and was put in division 420. They just added divisions at the bottom once they had 20 sign-ups. Of course, like any 'net game many people went inactive, so there was very little competition. I won 420, then 419 the next season, and am 20-0-0 in 418 right now. Supposedly there will be a re-organization in the off-season, with 6 (or thereabouts) leagues, all with a pyramid structure, so newer teams can get to competing vs tough competition a LOT sooner! If that happens, itsagoal will definitely be ahead of WES, IMO. Not sure where Manager Zone will end up, but I already get the impression I'll like it a bit more than WES and probably Itsagoal.

But Hattrick's still the online king!

13. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Elwood, you may have won the battle but you haven't won the war!....yet lol :D

God I wish i wouldn't have started those guys again, oh well i guess you'll have to learn someday! Well I'm looking forward to another friendly during the season as I am booked to the 9th...that is if our season starts at the same time as the Swedes' on the 10&11th...And this time I'll bring fresh players and a brand new set of tactics.

Well I'll probably lose again, but like I said, you'll have to learn someday :D !

14. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    :)

I still have no real idea what I'm doing, but did beat a Swedish team in my 2nd friendly (using the same lineup as I did vs you) 1-0. But he used some freaky 2-6-2 (with 4 wingers, it looks like), so no clue if my team actually has any skills.

I finally got my youth players (I put in for 5), and just in time. I now have 24 players, so no double playing for anyone (I've got 2 friendlies a day through the 9th). Guess I'm off to training them, hoping they'll be future stars

15. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't beaten a swedish team yet (they are tough) but I did get a draw on my 2nd swedish match (I think) it seems that all the swedes love the wings and having everyone forward. So now i'm gonna try everyonge center. it worked once already but against an american in my division so I don't know how good it really is against real good swedes that play wide, but the guy i played did play wide and I still won.

I'm gonna try this one:

-----F---F-----
    ---------------
    -----M---M----
    ----DM--DM----
    --D--D---D---D-

My defenders totally suck! most of them had a 0% tackling rating in most matches!1 had 16% and the other had like 30% so i'm gonna see with this formation if defending in numbers is better...

16. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God I wish I hadn't screwed up my stadium. I really wish that I could invest in my players more. I really want a youth squad up and running :(

I tried selling some players, but when I got to the transfer screen I couldn't help myself and bought more!!! lol...I think I even overbid you on two guys :D Now you see why I'm broke!!

where do you get the money to keep up 5 youth? They are so expensive! even more than most of my older guys!

17. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure if I *do* have the money to keep them, but that's what I applied for and they showed up :p

I'm hoping I start making cash, as I've bought a few players (and added the youth), but have no real income yet.

18. GunnerSabotTank

GunnerSabotTank New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    Middlesex, NJ
    Pulled a 3 soccerball in tacking 16 yr old. I'm thinking I done good!!!!

Give me a challange (home and away!)

Middlesex Athletic (same as my beloved hattrick)

19. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate you! I vomit on your player *bleah* :D j/k

God, I got 24 y/o players on my team with only 2 on tackling! #$%^@%^#@$%#@$ I swear they went out of their way (they being the internet soccer gods that be) just to give me a lousy team!!!! The only guy that is anygood on my team is virtually invisble in my freakin match reports!!!!!!! I've tried him in virtually every position (yes I think maybe even in goal too) and he just doesnt do anything! Maybe he's one of those overrated players like on WES... Maybe I can make a pretty bundle on him and sell him to some poor unsuspecting sucker! :D

::que evil laugh::

MUAUAAAMUAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHA...HEHEH..EHE..EHhhh...

20. Flanker

Flanker New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Lafayette, LA
    Hey guys....I just joined BigSoccer because of this forum. Seems like MZ forum is dead. My team is Lafayette SuperFlanker, just like in Hattrick. Anyone can challenge me after 12th August. How many exactly HT user own a team in MZ? Maybe we could arrange Hattrick Cup. What do you guys think?

21. rifkin

rifkin Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey you loser, did Steve ask you to join our NFL fantasy league?

22. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to BigSoccer Flanker!

Why don't we have a BigSoccer cup instead? Should it be played in a league format? or a knock-out tourney?

23. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Hey, Flank, I take it that was you that sent me the MZ-mail about a Hattrick Cup? It was early and I was pressed for time when I checked. (or something like that. no caffeine yet makes me forgetful)

And jd6885, in case you are wondering, a lot of people that have recently signed up for MZ also play another online sim, www.hattrick.org. I posted something there sometime last week (maybe Thursday?) and quite a few people replied with their team, and even more signed up but didn't reply.

Anyways, the thread was closed sometime overnight Thursday (in the other game's forum) because, well, there might be some legal issues between the guys at Hattrick and the guys at Manager Zone. So we're not allowed to talk about MZ on the HT forums, and we're 'probably' not allowed to mention HT on the MZ forums.

So I'm guessing that's why Flank joined here?

Just some useless info about warring Swedish soccer sims :)

24. Flanker

Flanker New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Lafayette, LA
    Yeah, it was me. I don't know where to go. I can't talk about it in Hattrick, MZ even in IRC room! So this is my last resort I guess. Frankly speaking, who give a crap about the legal thing. We only there to play and having fun. So goparlow, do you play in Hattrick too?

In my series, v3.10, we got at least 6 teams from Hattrick including myself. So what about it guys? I know that at least 16 teams from Hattrick spread out everywhere in Div III.

25. goatmeal1

goatmeal1 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey, I have a team on HT and MZ... Dothan Ballers. Challenge me to a friendly if you want, my players need to get in form.