Man Utd v Everton, 22 APR [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Rocket, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any of you catch this match?

What a great effort by Everton! Coming back twice after trailing by 2 goals to finish with a 4-4 draw.

Fellaini did awfully well, scoring a top-notch goal and providing a beautiful assist to Pienaar. And I love the hustle and effort Marouane has been showing on the field these last few months. It's good to see his hard work paying off.

Man, it's nice to have a player like Jelavic who, at least for now, we can count on to put the ball the net. Of course, Yakubu and Saha enjoyed similar scoring streaks for us, but both faltered after awhile. Yakubu due to his iffy attitude, and Saha due to bad luck/karma/mojo.

Here's hoping Jelavic proves to be more consistent long-term than either of those two.

2. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did get to see it - wow!

Have to admit I had lost heart for a bit in the second half after going down - luckily there was enough time and enough fight in the Blues to pull off the draw.

Fella looked great, Tim H actually played well, even though he let in four. Due to my constant worries about lack of funds, wondering who will make a pitch for Jelavic this summer and how much they'll offer....

3. StoppageTimeWinner

Apr 23, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jelavic is been a revelation since we got him. Goes to show how poor the striking group has been the past few years

4. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on that - it is nice to see his quality - which (in my best paranoid state) makes me wonder which clubs want to come in and steal him this summer!

5. StoppageTimeWinner

Apr 23, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand that but I am more worried that he is just going to be a flash in the pan striker. We see it so often in the EPL where a guy goes on a tear for 6 months then we never hear from them again.

6. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, ideally - if he is going to be a flash in the pan, then let someone come buy him this summer while he's hot! If he's going to be the real deal, then the Blues may need to fight a bit to keep him. That is what I would certainly prefer.

Of course, accurately foreseeing either of these possibilities does require a bit more fortune-telling skill than I currently possess. :rolleyes:

7. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Jelavic is hot right now but i believe he will be a double digit goal scorer in the epl in the future..He is good with back to goal a descent first touch but the main thing is that he can finish..Moyes said Jelavic reminds him of Suker which is a bit of a stretch..Jelavic does look calm cool and collected when he gets a goal scoring chance though..He doesn't just blast the ball and hope it goes in..I hope Jelavic can take this form into Euro 2012..:) I saw Jelavic play when he was in Croatia and i never thought he would develop into anything..Im glad he has proven me wrong..

8. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    very nice result.