Man Utd January '06 Transfer Targets and Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Does ManU want to bring in any new players before they find a replacement for SAF?

2. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, its gotta come.

Fergie out someone else in. I'm sorry but its got to happen. I'm not saying now, maybe we should trudge to the end of the season, but he's got to go unless he TOTALLY changes things around.

Add another CB to ADD competition to the guys, even Rio is playing not so well now. Just someone to give the guys competition.

Oshea out, Fletcher out, Scholes out(unless new manager who knows how to use the guy).

You know, maybe we should just go ahead into the rebuilding stage, and put the kids out there for the season.

Bring in Rossi more, Richardson, Jones, Spector, Bardsley, Smith.
    Buy Gooch, buy some more youth, stick them in there. We might as well, it may get a little worse (cant see it really) but the guys will get experience, though hopefully not too much.

3. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I agree that's an issue. My guess is, if we can limp to the 4th spot at the end of the season, you'll see SAF out and a new manager with a boatload of cash to make him look good.

4. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    I don't know how much credibility this deserves from David Pleat in his review of the Utd - Boro match:

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
    The full article is here:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1605172,00.html

[/font]

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There are comments about Duscher somewhere but Obodo is news to me. In all honestly, both seem to be bargain basement, short-term solutions. Although to be fair, that might be what we need.

6. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
    Duscher's got the experience (both general and CL), and it's probably a good thing he's rumoured to be joining us after Beckham left or he might request a transfer ;) Dunno too much about Obodo...

7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I would rather have sulley Muntari instead of Obodo. Muntari is a great box to box player, who can score as well.

8. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I say lets sign Richard Dunne, I know he's only 9 years old, but he seems to have spirit.. that can take you some way. Hes an Everton lad, but that has worked for us before... :D :D

9. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    If we keep playing like we have been playing lately
    no one will want a transfer to Man United.
    We played like the walking dead against Middlesborough!:eek: :(

10. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Sounds like Frankenstein.. a whole team of O'Shea's? :rolleyes:

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Can We Please Go Out And Get Manuel Fernandes.

Please. We Have To.

12. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Well since you asked nicely..... :rolleyes:

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Wow, i thought i typed that in all caps, what happend? Anyway.

I watched this kid play a couple games on the television. He is the next best thing. He can pass very accuratly, he can win balls, and is very athletic, he has a powerful shot, and his positioning is phenominal.

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he Scottish?

;)

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Is there anyone else that has seen him? I may be getting ahead of myself, but why not? We are looking for a capable replacement for the centermidfield position. He fits what we are looking for. We cannot find anyone else. We already let Essien slip away. We cannot let another.

Though others would cry, oh he is from a latin stlye of football and would find it hard to adjust, that logic is thrown out the window seeing as how, if you want to make it, you can.

16. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Manutd.com the official website has already mentioned the transfer rumours involving Fernandes.. no worries man. : p

17. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell us about him Benni.

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Excuse me, but i get a little excited when it comes to actually finding peices of the team.

Manuel Fernandes is 19 and he is a CM. Some of my friends say he is a box to box two way player. Solid defensively, and even though not built like a massive defender, does well in the air. He gets compared to Claude Makalele by Jose Mourinho. That leads me to believe he is already on Chelsea's radar as Maka isnt getting any younger. He is an excellent passer. He can start attacks, he distributes well. Needs to learn that he can control the game. He doesnt seem to want to ever slow the game down, when in the heat of the moment. That can be worked on. He always makes himself an option, for his teammates, and his movement is great. I read that he shots are like cannon balls.

What i saw in the match was a young Roy Keane with more flair and not scared to shoot, but does so too often maybe. That comparison to keane maybe a little premature after two games, but i will continue to watch him. He received his first call up for the national team this half of the 2005.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Theo Walcott - anyone his age that can play the way his has in the hackfest known as the fizzy pop surely is something special.

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What position? Wilkinson said that Walcott was better than rooney. How bold of him.

21. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    He is an attacking mid-cum-striker, iirc. He could be a winger, and if he is we should definitely pick him up, but I'm not so sure if we need a young striker at the moment.

Shame the Carrick & Pedersen rumours never materialised, but wachagonnado? I am struggling to think of any Fizzypop players that would suit us in the right positions at the moment, though. Maybe Ashton as a targetman (he is far, far better than the overhyped Andy Johnson)... or that young Irish CB at Brighton. ;)

22. JinJin

JinJin Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manuel Fernandes is much more talented then Makelele, you are right he does have a cannon of a shot. Remember that sweet volley he scored for Benfica against Villareal a couple of weeks ago? almost Rooneyesque. Although I could almost guarantee that Chelsea will intervene, Mourinho has been tracking him ever since he's been at Chelsea.

23. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH, THAT manual Fernandes. Yes I recall the announcers on ESPN nearly claiming he the second coming of Pele during our game.

24. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA
    Has anyone heard anything new about Obi??

With everyone trying hard to come up with targets in January, his presense or lack thereof will have a huge impact on who and what we pursue.

25. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Manuel Fernandes and Obi Mikel would be as solid as you get in the center of midfield in a 4-4-2. Both can defend, both pass very well both can create.