Man Utd’s Young Player of the Year – Where are they Now

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Darren Melia, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Darren Melia

Darren Melia Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LGRod repped this.
  2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It simply highlights the lack of chances afforded to youth players due to toy clubs raising the bar in terms of points required.

Januzaj et al will be the next crop to be pushed elsewhere.

Rossi is still the most disappointing for me. He was good enough. He was ready. We blocked his process and sent him on failed loans.

Holy__Joe and sdotsom repped this.
  3. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Rossi was the best talent that I remember coming through the team.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have to agree. It's also sad to see what's happened to his career recently. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if these knee issues limit him forever even though that's what will likely happen.

5. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When we sold Rossi I know that we had Ronaldo coming through to his best, Rooney+Saha+Tevez etc. But did Rossi push through with wanting to leave (like Pique fair enough, made me sad) or was it simply us cutting him off.

It's one thing Madrid do really well that United have been shocking at is the whole buy-back clause when selling a player on. Sure you might lose out slightly on the initial fee (but when the hell do United get a good deal there anyway) but it gives you the security of getting them back.

6. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    While Rossi was an exceptional talent, he's never been able to really overcome his knee injuries. He would have been just another frequent medical table employee for Manchester United.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We bought Berbatov to add to those guys. That was the last straw.

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rossi had no chance if you think about it. Saha actually fit for a bit of a stretch, Solskjaer had just finished a 10 goal season even though he retired later that summer, Tevez had just come in, Ronaldo blossoming, Rooney in form. There