Man United v Leeds United - 10/28 (Carling Cup) [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Oct 27, 2003.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    If I recall correctly

2. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I remember correctly?

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To make it better, Leeds were ROBBED of a penalty seconds earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We hit them on the counter fro mthat exact incident and Fletcher set Foran up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    Haha, Forlan is booked for stripping his jersey in celebration!

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Roque Junior equalises.. ManU played aweful after scoring (it was not a golden goal, btw)... probably going to go to penalties

6. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    DJEMBA MOTHERFUCKING DJEMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best goals I've seen all season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON YOU REDS COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watch out for Eagles

2-3 United D2J

Eagles is having a great game!

8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    One of the all time great posts.

9. webster

webster New Member

May 18, 2002
    NYC
    Will FSW have highlights? They better.

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It's all over! About an hour trhough I was thinking "A boring ManU match... surely never!" and I was right, a great extra time period

ManU standouts were Fletcher, DjDj, Bellion and Forlan's diligence (even if he was offside 7 or 8 times). We have the best batch of youngsters since "the Beckham crew" of 8-10 years ago... Richardson, Eagles, Johnson and most of all Fletcher looked impressive

Leeds standouts were Aaron Lennon, James Milner (great player), Roque Junior and Alan Smith

11. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    WHERE EAGLES DARE!!

Mark Bright heaping praise on United particularly the young players.

Forlan had a good game.

12. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    What a classic match! That's the type of gamer that 5 or 6 year old fans will hold as one of the first games they remember... an absolute cracker!

13. Ticles

Ticles New Member

May 26, 2003
    England
    Oh wow, what a game. I was debating whether to bother going down to the pub to watch it or not - cold, raining, and I was feeling fairly tired... but i'm so glad I did. For the first half I couldn't see us winning the game, looked awful, but once they scored we started playing very well... Bellion's goal was a fantastic, Ole type finish, nutmegging the goalie.... Forlan had a cracker, and deserved his goal... my god, his celebration was a bit crazy too, took his shirt off and almost dived into the United fans, then got a yellow card for his efforts! And Djemba^2's goal was a great finish, well deserved win.
    Also very impressive start from Eagles, was his through ball that led to the 2nd goal, and he looked very comfortable. Richardson was disappointing though, didn't create much and didn't get much time on the ball. Joint MOM honours go to Diego and Djemba-Djemba, both played excellently and both got well deserved goals :).

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, glad the youngsters played well, happy for Forlan and Fletcher and DJ^2. Maybe they can take this success and put it into some more important games... I guess we will see more from Fletcher now that Scholes is down... any guesses on what our starting eleven for the next fixture will look like???

I dont think we can beat top teams with Ronaldo, and Fletcher on the pitch yet, unless Ruud has a blinder, but I am pleased to see progress. Any clue on when Scholes will be back?

I think that with the way he they have been playing recently Fortune and Phil Neville should both be included in the upcomming games, how about this just for awhile, when Scholes is gone...

------------------RVN----------------
    --------------Giggs-------------------
    Fortune-----------------------Ronaldo
    ---------PNev/Dj___Keane-------------
    O'Shea/Nev.---Silv----Rio------G.Nev.

I think that is a good lineup with Fletcher getting some time at Attacking Midfield and Right wing if the left wing combination fails us...

15. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I saw the highlights on FSW. That was a fantastic strike by Dj². It's good to see the young guys get a late, come from behind victory, so they can better understand what it means to be a United player. :D I do think the Carling Cup is good experience for the young players, and is certainly better than playing for the reserves.

16. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    Can anyone give me a pointer to where I can see the match highlights? I'm not sure if MU.tv will have it because it's a league cup game.