Man United Podcast Group Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United News' started by billyireland, May 4, 2006.

1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Post any ideas for, contributions about, news to add to, etc for the Podcast mhtwins11 has got going here. Hopefully with a little effort from everybody, we can get this thing off the ground and noticed somewhat.

Fire away. :D

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yoouuu suckaaaa...

First post.

3. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Just suggestions for future shows, but should we have like "certain topics" for it..like "rant of the week" "poster of the week" where the poster would get his own special little 5 minute spot where if unable to call in, could make 1 big long post to be read out over the the cast? Then we could also have fun games like a trivia for each weeks show and the first person to post the answer in this thread could get a rep point or something of the sort? Just suggestions for a more interactive podcast.

4. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to get someone to be a poster of the week by calling in, but couldn't go down. I'm desperate to have Zinn on next week, I will have my victory!

5. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Err.. why is this in the news forum?

Need some folks to call in. And need more emails.

Also, some interesting trivia facts.

An analysis of a match or some youth players or soemthing would be nice as well.

Lastly, something i have brought up, but is it better to be it BS-centric or generalfan-centric? Because alot of the things (admittedy I thought they were funny) that he said yesterday would only be understood by posters. In fact about half of it.

Does he/we want other people who are not from BS to possibly wander onto this and have a listen? Or just BSers that frequent the United forum?

6. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well how would you like me to introduce comments if first names aren't widely name? Even if this were to grow, the core audience first and foremost would be users of this forum, but if I can't identify someone by name, then how else but by BS name?

7. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called the general Man Utd contact number, asked for the PR department so I could try to get Rossi on (cheeky, I know) and they told me that "Mr. Rossi has said all that needs to be said." What the hell is that about?

Transcript off memory:

ME: Hi, I host a soccer podcast in the United States that is United-centric, I was wondering if Giuseppi Rossi would be interested in joining us for an episode in the near future?

MU REP: Mr. Rossi has said all that needs to be said. He won't talk to the press any further.

ME: *stunned* Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he's talked about what exactly?

MU REP: Good bye, sir.

*hangs up*

8. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, thats the question who is the target audience. Which you just answered.

9. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't grow something without having an audience to spread the popularity of the thing and vouch for its quality. So I've definitely got ambitions to see it grow past BS, but for now, I'm thinking limit it to here while we work out the rough edges of the infancy of this project.

10. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when do the royalty checks start coming in? :rolleyes:

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Currently listening... sounds good... nice flow... If you've got access to instrumentals it wouldn't be a bad idea to play some rock or hip hop beats in the back ground while the show is going down. Music helps give tempo to the show and to stop you from rushing because dead air sucks so much.

Again... sounds great thus far.

12. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    where can i find this podcast?

13. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    That was sweet for the first attempt. Gave me something to laugh about before I head to bed. Keep up the good work.

Just an idea that you could add. Since our clubs youth players are pretty much the cream of the crop in England, we should have a segment hilighting OUR reserve player of the week. Just taking one of the profiles of an interesting young player in the reserves, taking a couple opinions on him, and stuff like that.

I have more idea's but its 230am.

15. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am working on two rants right now one is on fanboys :D and the other is on uncle shit head :mad:

16. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are asking for an on-air debate, you've got one. :D

17. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I reckon you gave have BS stuff in this, but it can't be BS centric - otherwise only BS posters will listen to this, which limits your audience to the 100 odd who post here....

18. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I brought that up earlier, but the answer was you have to start somewhere. I think perhaps when the audience grows mht can change the format a bit to adapt.

If you guys want to record a debate/rant thing this weekend I will go borrow a microphone.

19. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I am sure you can refer to BS stuff and involve BS people but still have it relevant to anyone listening. It's only a style thing

Eg you can have thread of the week from BS (as long as you tell people what BS is)

Also - if you want to do cool stuff like have Rossi on and stuff - which ought to be completely possible if you approach it right (i am a PR :D ) you need to be careful about some of your.... er... content. :D

20. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that Top 6 Reasons that Arsene Wenger is Absolutely In No Way A Paedophile is somehow a contentious segment? :confused: :eek:

Blasphemy I say.

21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    lets just say Utd's PR department may not wish to associate their brand with it :D

22. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's ridiculous, we made it quite clear that there is absolutely no way possible that Arsene Wenger could ever be a paedophile, Man Utd should be thanking us for doing them a service and easing tensions with Arsenal by putting out the definitive word on this hotly-debated topic.

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    ...what if Gill & Fergie claim that they "didn't hear it"?

24. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    is this up on the itunes music store? if not, do you plan on throwing it up?

25. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know how, if someone does, I'd love to have their assistance.