Man U kits

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cristianoronaldo17, Jul 28, 2005.

1. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    Question about Man U kits..... Do you know what willbe the third kit of Man U? The white one or the black one?

2. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I think it'll be the white one.

3. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj
    What willl they do with the black one just throw it away? And r u sure?

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    The black one doesn't exist anymore, it's been replaced by a blue one with a little bit of red on it. They never said anything about changing the 3rd kit so I'm sure it remains the same.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more black kit.

The white kit is the 3rd kit for now.

The new away kit is that blue and red "thing".

6. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    They are keeping the white 3rd kit.

Blue kit is replacing the black kit for the away matches.

7. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    What is the source of your information? I thought the expiration date of the current white kit is this summer so there'll be a new 3rd kit. If anyone else has any other info about the 2005/06 3rd kit I'd really appreciate it. For good taste alone I have given up the idea of getting the spiderman kit so my only hope in getting a new kit for the year lies in the 3rd kit . . .

p.s. I might get flamed for being pro-Glazer but honestly I don't really care who owns the club. I'm copying someone else's line, but I support the club, not the owner.

8. rubygoh

rubygoh New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    i think the blue looks killer...

9. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

yes very killer :rolleyes:

10. ram1

ram1 New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    In your Red Dream.
    the blue just makes you wanna go 'rawr!' doesn't it?

11. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    They seemed to have kept the old black away shorts, however. Most games I've seen United play during the pre-season and also against Everton, they had the Red/Black/Black combination (which I think looks the best).

But the black away jerseys are gone... I actually think the blue one will look pretty nice with the white shorts, instead of the blue one.

12. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
  13. qiansong99

qiansong99 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ye i fink the urawa away kit looks ok, wouldnt argue if dat was 2 become our new away shirt.

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many people who usually are the ones who break the sneak-peak at the new kits are boycotting Nike, and many others who might usually be hearing stuff don't care anymore either....

I'm not buying any new Nike stuff, personally.

I like us to not look stupid on the pitch, but that's about as far as it goes with kits for me these days....

15. Laguna

Laguna New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Indianapolis
  16. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont understand this kit-colour mentality.

Every team should have a primary kit with their primary colour.

Every team should have a white kit and a black kit for away matches.

Those teams that have white or black as their primary colour should substitute a tertiary colour for a third kit.

That would lead towards United with a Red, White, and Black kit. Just like, well, last year. I dont know where this Blue away kit BS popped up, but its ridiculous. Blue is Brum, Chelski, Everton, even Citeh... its not United.

17. Rooney#8

Rooney#8 New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    MANCHESTER!
    Blue has always been our traditional 3rd kit colour and obviously red our home and white as away, since we were Newton Heath in the yellow and green kit. Black was added as part of UTd's colour pallet when the Munich Air disaster happened to remember those who had died so then United started putting bits of black on their shirts and started releasing whole black shirts that is why sometimes we don't have a blue shirt. So traditionally its home=red
    away=white 3rd=red. The new blue shirt is the away but they sometimes play around with the fact one shirt is away and one is 3rd. I have e-mailed kitbag to see if their is a new 3rd kit yet to be released the reply will be back in a few days. ;) :D :)

18. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I think that the color of the alternate kit should be based on what looks best on the team in general. For instance, there are a lot of Autumns on the team and I think that the color of the alternate kit should be something that would pop, like blue-green or mint.

19. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See, I just like traditional crest colours. Its like seeing Liverpool in neon purple kits - fitting, but not proper.

20. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    You have just been the victim of an extended piece of sarcasm. Don't be alarmed, you will be okay.

21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :D

sig material... in she goes...

22. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    It's true that blue is the color of Chelsea and Everton and City. But if you look at blue and all you can think of are these teams, you're giving them way too much credit. (they don't own the wonderful color of blue)

My problem with the new away kit is not so much in the color but in the design. But after watching some highlights of United playing with the kit, I have to say, it looks much better in person than in the the shh*tbag pictures.

23. a-m-a-n

a-m-a-n New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    manchester
    i think it's important to support a club despite of it's ownership, although the owners of a club could affect the clubs morale and performance.