Man of the Match Japan vs Cameroon

Discussion in 'GROUP E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon' started by hbk4894, Jun 14, 2010.

1. hbk4894

hbk4894 Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    my choice is Tulio

2. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Or maybe just zero:D

Man of the match Hasebe

3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Honda, because he was a midfielder playing as the only FW and he did his job, getting the only goal on 1 chance.
    Defense was solid, but really they didn't have to do too much because Japan packed the midfield.

4. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Matsui was a non stop running engine, keeping possession for his team and I believe his cross provided the goal or was it Hasebe?

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was Matsui. Yeh thank god he was playing instead of Nakamura. Shunsuke would just get the ball stripped from him and lead to a Cameroon counter-attack.

Why is the post-match thread closed btw?

6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    faiyez 4 of the 6 posters you quoted are just one person with multiple profiles.

But aside from that almost every professional analyst who is paid to predict these games predicted a Cameroon victory. And they were all wrong.

I said Abe cause he was excellent infront of the back 4 and almost all attacks through the centre. Great work by him as the holding midfielder.

7. Kigai

Kigai Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matsui especially, I don't know what Okada was thinking bringing on Okazaki for Matsui! Okazaki was completely useless.

8. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Honda for sure. I was very surprised to see how good he can be as a forward. Matsui came pretty close too, although I'm a big fan of Nakamura :(