Man City vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/dur/Post Match

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The lads head Northwest to The City of Manchester Stadium to do battle with The Citizens, ok, not the actual citizens of Manchester, but you know what I mean. If The Arsenal destroy MCFC, The Gunners just MAY have to fight off the actual citizens of Manchester...LOL.

MCFC are near the bottom of the table. I know it's early, but them having played 2 matches (1 draw at home, 1 loss away); it definately isn't a positive start to the season. Which Man Citeh side will show up??? Only time will tell.

I think this away match might be just what the doctor ordered. The lads needs to gel, players need to heal, and Wenger is probably still not exactly sure what is the perfect starting XI for The Arsenal.

My prediction: Citeh scores first, we draw level, then late 2nd half the lads some how handle the business and get a win with a 2-1 result. It may not look pretty, but 3 pts is still 3pts in my book.

On a side note: I also predict Stuart Pearce will develop a drinking problem and begin losing his hair.

Go on you Gunners!

2. camilop

camilop New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Gainesville, Miami
    doesn't it seem like we NEED to fall behind?
    These Gunners, they want to win, but they don't want to dominate. You're right though, maybe in a game like this one, also with the pressure of falling behind in the schedule, and of course off a late winner against DZ, they'll start getting that killer instinct that unfortunately, Man U's shown early on.

Here's to knowing this is going to be a good year. For some reason, i'm extremely optimistic about this year. We're getting some jewelry, whether it's from the FA, or from the Champion's League ;)
    Let's hope this match is the start of many good things

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    citeh suck.

we should win this easily.
    4-0 sounds bout right.

4. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    All of our trips up north are tricky. Another draw wouldn't surprise me.

Hopefully Judy will give us a bit of home town kharma! :)

Any word on VanPersie or Clichy's injuries? What about even giving Henry a rest? Season just started and he looks tired!

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I really, REEEEEEEEAAAALY hope that you are right.

6. WebFutbol

WebFutbol New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm hoping the Gunners go out and thrash City this weekend, but realistically, I think it will take some time to get over some of the injuries and allow the new players to fit into the system.

7. camilop

camilop New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Gainesville, Miami
    How about Ben Thatcher. For some reason I don't want Theo (too young to die) or Henry (too important, duh) on the field while that guy's there. Just took Pedro Mendes out of commission and into the hospital.

8. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    that's what everyone was saying for the last game hehe ;)

I'm guessing it should be an easy win, but we'll see how the team plays. I hope Rosicky is fit again.

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    hopefully he'll be mindful of what he just did and maybe all eyes will be on him and his fouls.

10. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There is only rosicky, and he is yet to make a league debut. I'd say wenger is still trying to find out what formation works for us now, and some of our players like henry need a little more rest. We should start to see things click soon.

11. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how long the FA will need to review that one. My guess is that he is sitting by the time we get there.

12. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    2-0 to the good.

13. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I reckon we win this one, with this team:

Lehmann
    Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Hoyte
    Hleb-Gilberto-Fabregas-Ljunberg
    Van Persie-Henry.

I though Hleb did bugger all against Zagreb, but I can't see Wenger leaving him out. Hopefully Walcott will get another run out, he's look hungry and sharp so far.

14. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So is Rocisky's still out with injury ?! He was quoted saying he could be playing for the CL tie. If he's alright for the City game, i think Freddie deserves some rest .. He was rushed back to play the first CL game and has been playing all the games .. And i dont think i'll see a game without Hleb this season .. Ok, he had a bad game in the CL tie. He was supposedly playing on painkillers during the Villa game also. He has some pain in his leg. But he gives us some pace on the wings. Walcott's been good and i think he'll play in most of the games as a sub. He can give us pace when the opposition doesnt have any. And i was amazed he assisted in two goals in 2 games. Cool ..
    But i think Flamini should come back to his LB position where he's better than at the def. mid. position.

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, indeed. Freddie has always been a gutsy player, but with him coming off an injury AND playing in the World Cup; when he should have been home off of his feet resting. Wenger go easy on Ljungberg or this will be his last season playing any football. I think with all the youth on this side, Arsenal really need to have the veterans mentor the young ones.

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lehmann
    Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Hoyte
    Hleb-Gilberto-Fabregas-Ljungberg
    Adebayor-Henry

Think he will go with that. 3 - 1 Gunners. COME ON LADS!!

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just hoping for a win. From the Lauren own goal match of a few seasons ago, to the lone Ashley Cole strike, to the muffed penalty last season......City is rarely an easy match for us.

18. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As for my lineup posted earlier, I don't know if Rosicky is available and therefore I didn't include him. I'd put him in instead of Hleb ;)

19. WebFutbol

WebFutbol New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    For now....

20. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take any away win. I'd like to get last season's dismal away record out of the players' heads and not give the media a chance to start up again about it.

21. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I second that.

22. carw2005

carw2005 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Herts, UK
    I think we can see a nice confidence boosting 2-0win for us.

I want to see both TH and Theo start aswel.

23. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    3-0 and Walcott will get 1.

24. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    this match is in Lancashire.

Arsenal plays like crap in Lancashire

therefore they will play like crap in this one.

25. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that lineup is about right, although Hoyte still doesn't look comfortbale at LB. You could put Flamini there, not sure if that's an improvement.